avios.com and e-rewards

Old Apr 21, 12, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
avios.com and e-rewards

Has anybody joined e-rewards with an invitation from avios.com and received the avios? I made a redemption, but have received nothing yet, and it's taking more than the 3 weeks they say it would.
Old Apr 21, 12, 2:36 pm

Yes, I have transferred the e-rewards points into ex-Airmiles.com Avios. I have done this 3 or 4 times over the years. The lead time is about 4 weeks or so in my experience. Just hang in there and they will appear
Old Apr 21, 12, 2:42 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
I joined, no avios yet that I have noticed and to be frank I'm finding e-rewards utterly useless. Every single long survey I have been pointed at ends up with me not being suitable.
Old Apr 21, 12, 2:49 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Joely View Post
I joined, no avios yet that I have noticed and to be frank I'm finding e-rewards utterly useless. Every single long survey I have been pointed at ends up with me not being suitable.
I tried it once and found the same thing, thought it was a scam to be honest.

I wonder if there's a site out there that has all the "correct" answers they are looking for in order to give you some points
Old Apr 21, 12, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by Joely View Post
Every single long survey I have been pointed at ends up with me not being suitable.
There is a way of ensuring that you are suitable

It is usually very quickly apparent which company or type of company is running the survey. Answer favourably to the types of questions that they are looking for and you will get through
Old Apr 21, 12, 3:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post
There is a way of ensuring that you are suitable

It is usually very quickly apparent which company or type of company is running the survey. Answer favourably to the types of questions that they are looking for and you will get through
Is it really worth the effort for so few points with so many other Avios opportunities around?
Old Apr 21, 12, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by PanGalactic View Post
Is it really worth the effort for so little points with so many other Avios opportunities around?
Is it worth shopping at an inferior supermarket only to get points, when you don't even like it?
Old Apr 21, 12, 3:36 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by rossmacd View Post
Is it worth shopping at an inferior supermarket only to get points, when you don't even like it?
Short answer, yes, I have done OK out of the Tesco Avios-cow, now that I have learned how to milk it properly

Might give e-rewards another bash now taking into account your advice, sod it if I'm just lying and skewing their results
Old Apr 21, 12, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by PanGalactic View Post
Might give e-rewards another bash now taking into account your advice, sod it if I'm just lying and skewing their results
Working for a large organisation similar to those that use these types of surveys, thank you for keeping one of the Marketing Assistants in a job Not that we actually do anything with the results
Old Apr 21, 12, 4:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Silver)
I do them and pick up a trivial amount of miles each year from doing them. However it's mildly diverting and one of them was really fascinating about a subject I'm interested in.
Old Nov 4, 13, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Hi, I would like to transfer some ereward points to Avios (British Airways), but on the redemption page, it keeps wanting a 16-digit Avios number. My BA account is only 8 digits. I looked everywhere on my BA account and couldn't find anything that's 16-digits.

Does anyone know where to find a 16-digit Avios account number?

Thanks.
Old Nov 4, 13, 2:38 pm
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
You need a www.avios.com account which is for UK residents.
Old Nov 4, 13, 9:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nux View Post
You need a www.avios.com account which is for UK residents.
Then how can I transfer from e-rewards to Avios? This is crazy that it's listed as a redemption option.
Old Nov 5, 13, 12:32 am
nux
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, QF WP
Originally Posted by ChaseTheMiles View Post
Then how can I transfer from e-rewards to Avios? This is crazy that it's listed as a redemption option.
Avios.com is listed as an option, not BAEC. They share the same currency (avios) but are different programs. Iberia also shares the avios currency and points can be freely transferred between them.
Old Nov 5, 13, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by ChaseTheMiles View Post
No you are right it is crazy. And confusing for new people.

Why not merge the schemes? When it was Airmiles and tax free the target market was different. No need to keep that separate anymore.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: