Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BMI Lounge at EDI for BA flyers

Search this Thread

Old Apr 21, 2012, 6:43 am

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
As a BA silver (then gold) card holder will I be able to use the BMI lounges for a cheap economy return flight Heathrow T1 to Belfast City in June?
Old Apr 21, 2012, 6:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by Fruitcake
As a BA silver (then gold) card holder will I be able to use the BMI lounges for a cheap economy return flight Heathrow T1 to Belfast City in June?
Hi Fruitcake;

From here;

http://support.bmitraveltrade.com/bm.../bmi_ownership

you should be able to.

Thanks to Globaliser for the original post^

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 21, 2012, 7:06 am

Programs: Mucci Petit Four de Pucci, RedVee's Navigator Badge, BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Hi Fruitcake;

From here;

http://support.bmitraveltrade.com/bm.../bmi_ownership

you should be able to.

Thanks to Globaliser for the original post^

Regards

TBS
Thanks TBS, that's good news, and echo your thanks to Globaliser too. ^
Old Apr 21, 2012, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by Fruitcake
Thanks TBS, that's good news, and echo your thanks to Globaliser too. ^
Indeed! Will make use of BMI lounge at T1 then.

Old Apr 21, 2012, 9:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Thank you - but I was only passing along something which others had seen before me. Glad it helps - and I hope it proves to be accurate.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA Blue, BD*G, UA 3P, VS Silver
Originally Posted by sigma421
Does anyone know if this works the other way round? Just on the basis that the BA lounge has a somewhat better food selection that its bmi counterpart
Currently, BMI status card holders are not able to use any of the BA lounges other than in LHR and LGW whilst travelling on a BA flight, unless of course they happen to be flying in UK Business.

They can of course now use the BMI lounge however, as has been mentioned already.

This will of course all change when the status match comes into play on 1st May, so may well get busier then.
Old Apr 21, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I do hope that when the dust settles and we have 1 BA lounge at EDI it is the old bmi one.

It is a much nicer space with natural light and toilets available and i think it's bigger as well.

However, unless BA move their flights down to Gate 3, it'll be quite a trek to board the aircraft and BA may baulk at spending money on an EDI lounge when they refurbished their lounge a year or two ago.
Old Apr 22, 2012, 5:02 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by TPJ
*A rule is to show the card to the Lounge Rep (we do not call these nice folks 'Lounge Dragons') - I think BA introduced the same policy same time ago...
I have never been asked to produce my BAEC card on entering a BA-sponsored lounge.

That's just as well, because although I requalified as Silver on 8 May 2011 I still have not yet received a card. That's after eight e-mails and two phone calls!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.