Wiki Posts
Search

Flying F From LAX

Search this Thread

Old Jan 30, 2013, 7:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Flying F From LAX

We are on the 282 tomorrow, and it is my first time departing LAX on BA. I understand the lounge is operated by Qantas and can be crowded/underwhelming. What else can we expect...how is the ground experience? Is there a fast track/premium security?
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:21 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
We were in the Qantas F lounge in LAX last month and thought it was terrific. Great food and virtually empty. Here's a couple of pictures. Can't remember about fast track, pretty sure there was one but I think it was pretty quiet overall. Having said that, it was Christmas eve so our experience might not have been typical.

Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:21 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
There is a fast track security IIRC. There are 2 sides - the "north" and "south". "South" is closer to the oneworld lounge - it is not operated by QF, it is a joint CX/QF/BA operation. Security is quite slow, inefficient. Terminal pretty dilapidated, lots of construction currently going on. Not a great experience by any measure.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Thanks!
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:30 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Sorry, the pictures are still a bit large. I reduced them to 40% of their original size but they're still a bit on the big side
Old Jan 31, 2013, 12:45 am

Programs: Various
Crowding depends on whether you hit it at the same time as the Qantas flights - never had this problem with the 282 so you should be fine.

And as golfmad says, it's a perfectly serviceable outpost. Only issue I've ever had was on one occasion someone had booked out the one meeting room for the whole day (never realised you could do this) but wasn't there and the staff weren't prepared to open it up to anyone else.

Oh, and an obnoxious passenger with little concern for those around him having a very loud conversation on his phone about some nasty medical problem. As it's pretty small lounge, everyone knew a lot more about his bowel problems than they probably wished to.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 1:37 am

Programs: BA Gold
I was there before the QF A380 departure to Sydney, and it was a horrible experience. Far too busy and noisy, and a long wait for the showers.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 5:30 am

Programs: BA GGL, AF, VS, AA, Amex, etc
I was there last week (on the 268 though, not the 282). Was in the J lounge as my traveling companions were not Golds and it was completely packed... my memory of the F lounge from previous visits are that it is much quieter but doesn't seem to have any windows which I don't really like, especially when transiting as it seems to emphasize the jetlag for me. The J lounge is a bit bigger as you'd expect. It has a bar and the red wines they had were drinkable. Food wise just seemed to have snacks but I didn't really check.

Either way it's not somewhere I'd choose to spend too much time in.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 5:45 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I've only visited the F lounge in TBIT twice but it shouldn't be all that busy for the first BA departure of the day from LAX. Am I right in thinking that BA282 doesn't really clash with any QF departures.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 7:55 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I've been on the BA282 twice in the last 6 months and the TBIT Flounge has been pretty much quiet. It's a pleasant enough lounge but nothing special as lounges go.

Security can be a breeze ... or a pain depending on what time you arrive, there is a Fast Track but not always much faster than the standard lane.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
Agreed: it's nothing special, but there are worse places to be.
Old Jan 31, 2013, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Being pedantic, the LAX First and Business lounges are joint-operated oneworld lounges (BA, CX and QF).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.