Wiki Posts
Search

Gold Guest List & Concorde Room Benefit

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2017, 5:45 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by LHRagain
I think the Concorde Card rules are becoming confused. Despite dining in the Concorde Dining at Dulles for the last 9 months, I was refused access last week as apparently Concorde Card holders no longer have access. The explanation given was that they have called it the wrong name and it should be called first dining, not Concorde Dining. I understand as a CCR card holder, you have access to LHR and JFK...do we have access to Dubai and Singapore now? And why not Dulles? The meal they serve is the same as at JFK, so I don't understand. Surely if you have a Concorde card, you should have access to every branded Concorde facility. Seems very inconsistent
I think it has been reported that CCR card holders should get access to these various Concorde dining area and bars regardless of cabin.
Old May 25, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: BA GGL. Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Starwood Gold
But this is now not the case. Or wasn't last week. It was explicitly stated that they have changed the rules...apparently because Concorde dining in Dulles isn't really Concorde Dinning...just first dining!! (although the sign in the lounge says Concorde Dining!!!)
Old May 25, 2017, 9:21 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by sts603
So you can go in while flying IB with a guest flying BA but not with a guest flying IB? That seems a little odd...
Originally Posted by KARFA
Yes.
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Can't give a data point for JFK, but I have taken my better half into the T5 CCR when flying IB.
I don't wish to doubt KARFA's knowledge of the rules (he knows them!) but I've not had any issues guesting someone travelling with me on the same IB flight ex T5 into the CCR. so I am pretty sure the (unwritten?) rule ex T5 is that it can be used for any flights departing T5 with guests (we had BA BPs but IB flight numbers).
Old May 25, 2017, 9:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by chris1979
I don't wish to doubt KARFA's knowledge of the rules (he knows them!) but I've not had any issues guesting someone travelling with me on the same IB flight ex T5 into the CCR. so I am pretty sure the (unwritten?) rule ex T5 is that it can be used for any flights departing T5 with guests (we had BA BPs but IB flight numbers).
Whilst the rules strictly don't allow for it, I have no doubt the cases where this actually happens are so marginal that the lounge agents allow it.
Old May 25, 2017, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by chris1979
Remember Iberia in LHR T5 is coded so the BA flight number is the prime code for the flight (so to BA's systems it looks like a BA flight operated by Iberia, so the IB code is the codeshare).

So BA treat everything from T5 as a BA flight. In JFK an IB flight is treated as and IB flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.