Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Best / Cheapest Way to Save Expiring Avios Points

Best / Cheapest Way to Save Expiring Avios Points

Old Nov 27, 20, 11:06 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Just to update both clicks tracked and I received Avios for both John Lewis purchases in my BAEC account today, 3 days from order. The number of Avios awarded is based on the net value of the order ie before VAT is charged. This seems to be a change from April 2020 when I last purchased from JL via the BA e-Store and was based on the total including VAT that was charged to my Amex.
Old Jan 1, 21, 11:20 pm

Just booked the cheapest hotel I could find through BA site - for one night, 11 months from now, somewhere in India - 1100 points. I see that the transaction already posted, and those points were already subtracted from the total, but the "Year end" date hasn't shifted and is still a few days from now. Hoping that it just takes time to update...

Edit: my bad, the "Year end" is for Tier points, the normal point expiry did clear alright.

Last edited by dmt0; Jan 1, 21 at 11:36 pm
Old Feb 25, 22, 10:46 pm

How must you keep them alive if you are not based in the UK? I've tried the survey route via 'rewards for thoughts' but they will not accept EU postal codes. I cannot make online purchase as i don't have an address in the UK. 5 of the 6 members of the household account avios are going to expire (ranging from 7000 avios to 15 000 avios). Any tips? (sharing avios will cost 30 euro each....bit expensive)
Old Feb 26, 22, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by deebee7 View Post
How must you keep them alive if you are not based in the UK? I've tried the survey route via 'rewards for thoughts' but they will not accept EU postal codes. I cannot make online purchase as i don't have an address in the UK. 5 of the 6 members of the household account avios are going to expire (ranging from 7000 avios to 15 000 avios). Any tips? (sharing avios will cost 30 euro each....bit expensive)
Try buying the cheapest discount coupon you can find on Groupon UK. That should do the trick. Another cheap option would be to use trainline website to buy a cheap train ticket
- you need to use the baestore website
Old Feb 26, 22, 3:39 am

Will this also work for children?
And any idea how quickly this will get registered? I have about 5-6 weeks left before they expire.
Old Feb 26, 22, 6:52 am

Originally Posted by deebee7 View Post
Will this also work for children?
And any idea how quickly this will get registered? I have about 5-6 weeks left before they expire.
BA is stating that they will deposit the avios for Groupon/Trainline in 5 days. In my case it was between 1 and 2 weeks. If you go that route make sure to disable any ad blockers you might have enabled and delete all existing cookies.

No idea if there are any restrictions when it comes to children accounts
Old Mar 22, 22, 6:14 pm

https://www.premium-flights.com/2500-avios-for-free/
Kadence likes this.
Old Mar 23, 22, 6:57 am

Wow, thank you! Points transferred instantly
Old Mar 23, 22, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Kadence View Post
Wow, thank you! Points transferred instantly
Does transfer reset expiration?
Old Mar 23, 22, 9:08 am

Programs: Priority Club, TAM Fidelidade, BAEC, Marriott Rewards
No, Combine my Avios does not count towards expiration. But it is easy 2500 avios anyway.

Search this Thread