Wiki Posts
Search

BA or AA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2012, 3:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
FRA-LHR-LAS it is - 62A.

On the return it is LAS-ORD-LHR-FRA. The BA LAS-LHR flight leaves rather late, with the extra leg via ORD I'll get into FRA in the morning. Hoping I'll be able to MFU.

Only downside is that apparently the US domestic segment gives only 40 TP. Wasn't this always 60?

Is there any way to select a seat on AA?
Old Apr 1, 2012, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by sschwenk
FRA-LHR-LAS it is - 62A.

On the return it is LAS-ORD-LHR-FRA. The BA LAS-LHR flight leaves rather late, with the extra leg via ORD I'll get into FRA in the morning. Hoping I'll be able to MFU.

Only downside is that apparently the US domestic segment gives only 40 TP. Wasn't this always 60?

Is there any way to select a seat on AA?
Hi,

I think that because it is a BA CW booking the LAS-ORD books into BA buiness ( 40 tps) rather than AA First ( 60 tps) but you will be in the F cabin.

When I booked LHR-LAX-LAS ( LAX-LAS on AA) when I went into MMB I was allocated 6A ( I prefer to be in the front row but for 45mins I'm easy)

Regards

TBS
Old Apr 1, 2012, 3:17 pm

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by Gardyloo
2-2-2.

DFW is a breeze for immigration etc. - I recently did a international > domestic transfer (different terminal) in 25 min. all in.
Not if you are a Non-US Resident and arrive moments after a Lufthansa 747 full of Asian Indians and a couple of MD80's from Mexico

Thats around a 1000 Hands to Fingerprint ahead of you
Old Apr 2, 2012, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Was just on the phone with BA and the agent said she could not assign a seat on the AA leg of the trip. Tried to do it myself on the AA site and it claimed it couldn't find my booking (have the ticket number, so it is issued).
Old Apr 2, 2012, 7:34 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Originally Posted by UncleDude
Not if you are a Non-US Resident and arrive moments after a Lufthansa 747 full of Asian Indians and a couple of MD80's from Mexico
All on their way to Vegas.

Was just on the phone with BA and the agent said she could not assign a seat on the AA leg of the trip. Tried to do it myself on the AA site and it claimed it couldn't find my booking (have the ticket number, so it is issued).
Do you have the AA record locator? BA can give it to you.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 12:59 pm
Suspended

I have two options for an upcoming trip and was wondering what the experts on here would recommend:

Either
BA FRA-LHR-LAS in J

or
AA FRA-DFW-LAS in J

I'm fairly familiar with the BA product but only had one experience on AA domestic Y (been trying very hard to forget it). I assume the AA domestic legs would book in F? Any difference in tier points on the two routes?
BA no doubt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.