Praise for BAEC North America

Old Mar 28, 2012, 4:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, AF Ivory
Praise for BAEC North America

I just wanted to acknowledge how good a (very) recent experience with the BAEC NA staff has been - I know they have not always been highly regarded. I was already checked in for the flight home when my connection (not protected) went tech. Whilst waiting to rebook for that flight , some frantic googling revealed there was no way to make the return. Skyping BAEC NA from the rebook line I was able to change the booking by 24hrs - despite being already checked in - and my UUA was preserved with a very reasonable transfer fee.

Top work - thanks.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 5:28 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, UA Plat, DL Silver, SPG Titanium
You were charged a transfer fee to preserve your upgrade because their flight went tech???
Old Mar 28, 2012, 5:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTP, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by DWFI
You were charged a transfer fee to preserve your upgrade because their flight went tech???
I read it as the OP has a xxx-LON ticket on BA and a yyy-xxx ticket on someone else. That went bang. They couldn't get to xxx in time to make the BA flight. BAEC managed to sort their change to the next day, preserving the MFU.

Good that they could help but probably not too remarkable - I am assuming there was still award space on the next day's flight, and having flown the outbound leg the change back by 24 hours of the underlying fare was either not subject to an extra charge of much, or they couldn't be arsed to calculate it.

But you never know, they have been more of a rule bend than that which helped the OP out.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 5:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold (GGL/CCR), HHonors Diamond
I think his connection went tech, which was not on the same ticket as his BA flight.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 5:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP MM, UA Plat, DL Silver, SPG Titanium
OK, that's fair then. It's just not clear to me that that was the case.

Also, to raise the old point, why can't we get the centers to work together nicely and not faff around with silly geographical restrictions
Old Mar 28, 2012, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

G-BOAC and others are correct, my connection (which was nothing to do with BA) went tech. I am sure that award space was available to preserve my upgrade.
However, I am also sure that they went the extra mile because I spoke to a first agent who said nothing could be done as UK was closed and she had no training in miles bookings, but then said hang on, then got someone else who fixed everything ..... He also checked that my connecting flight was crock, and I had to be unchecked in from the BA flight, so I think there was an element of helpful rule-bending in play - hence my praise.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 6:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Out of interest which airline was your connecting flight with?

Sounds as if they did a good job and were willing to help. ^
Old Mar 28, 2012, 6:37 pm
Original Poster

It was Alaska - who are a BA "partner" - which makes me suspect the agent was bending the rules when he was checking the cancellation of the Alaska flight - the bookings were separate, I was expecting to pay for an economy one way the next day at a ruinous price.

Even if it wasn't an epic rule bend, it was hugely welcome after the annoyance of the Alaska cancellation and helped me reschedule meetings/work on my return quickly
Old Mar 28, 2012, 7:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by dnajockey
It was Alaska - who are a BA "partner" -
Probably helped.
Glad things worked out for you......I would have been having kittens.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 7:10 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HIDDY
Probably helped.
Glad things worked out for you......I would have been having kittens.
It's possible a few Americans in the terminal may have been exposed to some new anglo-saxon swearwords that they may not have herd before , unless keen devotees of BBC America......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.