Search

BA Refund (Voucher)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2012, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: QF
BA Refund (Voucher)

Sorry if this is OT or in wrong forum.
We travelled CW in late February, on a flight where the IFE was not operating.
As a result, the CSD handed out cards to be completed, for a refund voucher (@75 Pounds each). The completed card was handed back to the CC.
Just wondering what sort of timeline might apply in receiving the voucher.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 12:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by blutek
Sorry if this is OT or in wrong forum.
We travelled CW in late February, on a flight where the IFE was not operating.
As a result, the CSD handed out cards to be completed, for a refund voucher (@75 Pounds each). The completed card was handed back to the CC.
Just wondering what sort of timeline might apply in receiving the voucher.
You haven't said which year that February was.

I'm waiting for a refund from 6 weeks ago. As a gesture of apology, last week BA said they'd also send a travel voucher to me immediately. Haven't received either yet.

I know this isn't helpful by what I think I'm saying is that you shouldn't be holding your breath on this one.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 4:39 am

Programs: BA Blue, VS Silver
Have they stopped issuing point now?

I received some points when my AVOD didn;'t work in WT+
Old Mar 28, 2012, 8:51 am

Programs: BA Gold
I had a similar issue on a flight at the end of Jan this year. I handed the card to the CC at the end of the flight (I opted for the miles rather than the voucher). Miles were credited to my account approx 3 weeks later (15k for Club World). About 2 weeks after that I got a nice letter apologising for the problem with the IFE and advising me that they would shortly credit my avios account

So in my experience, the response was reasonable to get the avios credit(which was quicker than getting the letter posted out to me!)
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:12 am

Programs: BA: CCR / GGL / GFL Marriott: PtFL
You get points or cash - I'm usually offered 75GBP or 15k miles for long haul J. (I take the latter as I value that higher than the cash)

IME takes 2-6 weeks.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 9:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
I was down in WT going to Chicago and the IFE failed on my seat, the CC came back and explained that he couldn't reset it. So he gave me an IPad ( only missing the moving map) to use.

When I handed it back, he thanked me as he'd forgotten about it...........Doh. I'm sure someone down the market could have unlocked it and disabled the tracking software

MW
Old Mar 28, 2012, 6:26 pm
Original Poster

We also travelled the reverse direction in QF A380 Premium Economy with the AVOD unit not working in 38K. However, unlike BA, no consideration given to the lack of amenity (by QF). Being an exit row we didn't consider changing to a mid row seat & consequently had 24hrs with no AVOD.
Like the idea of having backup iPads.
Old Mar 28, 2012, 6:27 pm
Original Poster

deleted - duplicate post

Last edited by blutek; Mar 28, 2012 at 6:32 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.