Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Advice on planning a cute Birthday Trip from LHR to ORD CW

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on planning a cute Birthday Trip from LHR to ORD CW

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2012, 5:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Meow Mix
Smile Advice on planning a cute Birthday Trip from LHR to ORD CW

Hello Fellow FT'ers of the BAEC Forum,

I am currently in the process of planning a birthday trip of mine in November 2nd from LHR to ORD and back (2 weeks later).

I wanted to book redemption and thankfully there are many many spaces available for the dates I wanted in CW for around 40,000 avios + £1,100.

Now, seeing as there is a Y / T sale with BA at the moment, I wanted to gather your thoughts and opinions on the best way to not use more than 40,000 miles and try and lessen the ££££ component.

I have the thought of buy a T class fare for £1166 and use miles to MFU to CW but not sure how many exact avios it will take. From literature in the BAEC website it will take 80,000 base avios x 0.5 for a round trip making it at 40,000 miles for an MFU.

Pretty much so far each method is very similar in terms of price and usage of avios but obviously the T fare is a sale fare and may definitely be more expensive at a later date which will make the redemption more appropriate.

Can anyone offer any advice or a method that they would approach to this one?

Let me know if the above is a convoluted mess and require clarification. ^

/AE
Old Mar 27, 2012, 5:12 am
Ambassador

If you go the MFU route instead of a straight redemption you do earn avios at the same time which will offset some of the cost of upgrading.
Old Mar 27, 2012, 5:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: Meow Mix
Originally Posted by BA304
If you go the MFU route instead of a straight redemption you do earn avios at the same time which will offset some of the cost of upgrading.
Good Point BA304

I know this has been asked before but will it be avoid for T or J ?

/AE
Old Mar 27, 2012, 5:41 am
Ambassador

You'll get the WT+ avios if you book in WT+ and MFU to CW.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.