BA Gold - Linking PNRs

Old Mar 26, 12, 5:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Marriott Silver, Continental OnePass, BA Executive Club, Tesco ;)
BA Gold - Linking PNRs

Am I right in thinking there is (or at least used to be) an 'unofficial' benefit of BA Gold enabling a member to link separate PNRs?

Thanks
Old Mar 26, 12, 5:13 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Vitriol01 View Post
Am I right in thinking there is (or at least used to be) an 'unofficial' benefit of BA Gold enabling a member to link separate PNRs?

Thanks
Correct - it's called TCP, and the requirement is that you are Gold or Premier or travelling with an infant. See here: http://www.speedbirdclub.com/dk/rese.../baseatreqinf/
Old Mar 26, 12, 5:34 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold, GGL/CCR, Jumeirah Sirius Gold, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Traveller, PUCCI Fan Club
I had a similar question yesterday.

Can you only link PNR's if all passengers are travelling in the same cabin?
Old Mar 26, 12, 7:05 am

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by oxtailsoup View Post
I had a similar question yesterday.

Can you only link PNR's if all passengers are travelling in the same cabin?
Yes
Old Mar 26, 12, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA LTG + GGL, SPG LTG + Platinum, HHonors Diamond, IHG Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by JonV View Post
Correct - it's called TCP, and the requirement is that you are Gold or Premier or travelling with an infant
To be clear, anyone can "link" bookings for what it's worth. To do what most people actually want which is the next step of getting seating assignment requests together honoured by Seating Control after the "link", you need to be eligible for it.
Old Mar 27, 12, 8:51 am

Programs: BA gold, *A gold, SPG silver, HHonors gold
What, if anything, is the advantage of linking bookings (as opposed to TCPing them)?

Having tried the latter, and only been allowed to do the former, I'm wondering whether it was a colossal waste of time...
Old Mar 27, 12, 9:00 am

Linking bookings and tcp are effectively the same. The difference for gch and bookings with infants is that both bookings can then be sent back office for seat allocation .

Search this Thread