Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

How to minimize expenditure for a SMF-PVG summer trip with my BA/Co/AmexMR airmiles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How to minimize expenditure for a SMF-PVG summer trip with my BA/Co/AmexMR airmiles?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2012, 8:56 pm
Original Poster

I am in north CA. The nearest airport is SMF, and the others nearby are SFO, LAX, and SJC. I plan to have a round trip from SMF to PVG this summer

Any tips to minimize the total fare?
Old Mar 26, 2012, 2:39 am

I would decide if there were any airlines you prefer and if you have options to use miles. I would also work out what dates I could travel and how flexible I felt. I would also decide if I wanted to avoid night flights and/or multiple stopovers. Then I would look at regular paid fares and redemption tickets to get an idea of relative costs, ideally using monthly fare calendars. I would look the boards of the relevant airlines on FT to get an idea of when there have been sales in the past to think about if you should try waiting for one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.