Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Video Trip Report - LHR to PHX in New F

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2012, 1:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by paulwuk
The cabin crew clearly state that all electronics must be turned off for take off. I assume you believe that this does not apply to customers seated in F?

Some may think it's a bit hypocritical of you given your previous comment:
Yes - you got me bang to rights. Only defence I can offer is that I was excited at getting New F and wanted to record the occasion. Even though I've been very naughty I hope you enjoyed the video nevertheless.

In future I'll be borrowing Prospero's clockwork iPhone.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 3:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, MUCCI, Elite Fan of MO, ALL Accor Live Gold
Great vid, thanks for sharing.
I recently experienced my first NF experience and loved it, and the crew were the best ever ^
7 days after this I also experienced my first F experience on CX which was nice. After comparing both flights I have to say that I prefer BA NF to CX F, no doubt others will disagree.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 6:50 am

Programs: ABBA
Originally Posted by gms
Must admit, I was thinking the same thing when I saw the video. I refrained from posting anything - last time I did I was shot-down in usual BAEC Flyertalk style for being a spoil-sport. I just love the way people assume their electronic equipment won't cause any problems. I'm sure the OP will say it was in flight mode, but that's irrelevant. Any electronic device can create interference. Especially important when you are sat just a few feet beneath the cockpit!
Personally I have no problem with people using electronic devices (especially when they're in flight mode)

However this forum traditionally takes the opinion that anyone who dares think about using an electronic device when the CAA states it's not allowed get ostracised. Comments about how telling your loved ones you've returned, or checking your emails to check your meeting is still on is unimportant and can wait for 20 minutes while you taxi and wait for a gate.

Of course a video trip report is an essential breach of CAA rules, far more important than phoning your child to say good night for example.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
far more important than phoning your child to say good night for example.
....he was sat in the seat in front of me.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: Avios Hunter
Personally I have no problem with people using electronic devices (especially when they're in flight mode)
Ummm.. clearly whether you have a problem or not is totally irrelevant.

I *assume* (possibly wrongly), that the rule about electronics off even in flight mode is to do with the fact that most devices are for video/audio playback, likely to have earphones in, and thus unlikely to hear emergency announcements during the most dangerous parts of the flight (take-off & landing), when there may be only a few seconds to react correctly.

I loved the video BTW, and and its made me all the more determined for my first first next year.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 8:02 am

Programs: BA Exec (Silver), SPG (corporate), IHG
i rather enjoyed that!

tried NF to Sydney earlier this month and was very surprised to find that i preferred the cabin on the 777 rather than the 747, even more surprising was that i preferrred the middle seats (travelling as 2) rather than the window seats !! - must have been some weird effect of being "down under"

JJ
Old Mar 26, 2012, 9:53 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Nice change from the standard TR, Nice socks btw !!

I see they are still serving that beef and onion pudding, it was disgusting, hope they have improved it since December
Old Mar 26, 2012, 10:10 am

It's 2012 and you post a video that is not filmed in 3D 1080p

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.