Choose a seat 'work around' ?

Old Mar 22, 12, 12:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Choose a seat 'work around' ?

Hi,

Just booked a nice expensive holiday from LGW to the Caribbean in November, with 2 PAX on the booking. Extra 5k miles per person due to the bonus which always helps! I am only a lowly BA Blue at present, but hold a CX Gold (thanks Amex.)

Is there a way I can use my CX Gold to try and choose a seat for both of us, then put my BA card back? I guess deliberately you cannot do this on the BA site, so is there an alternative. I know Is should not worry, but I do, as I'd be killed if the seats were not together
Old Mar 22, 12, 12:42 pm

Programs: Mucci de Pucci, BA Gold, Delta SkyMiles, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, 25 meter swimming badge
I phoned them for the seat selection (explained that I wanted to use CX gold to select seats)

Then, at the airport I just went to the CW help desk (in the FIRST area) and asked them to change it to BAEC number.

This was on Sunday so I know it works!

OT
Old Mar 22, 12, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BD Silver, HH Gold, BA Silver, CX Gold
Originally Posted by OrchardTravel View Post
I phoned them for the seat selection (explained that I wanted to use CX gold to select seats)

Then, at the airport I just went to the CW help desk (in the FIRST area) and asked them to change it to BAEC number.

This was on Sunday so I know it works!

OT
Thank you ! Will give that a go
Old Mar 22, 12, 12:57 pm

Programs: Mucci de Pucci, BA Gold, Delta SkyMiles, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, 25 meter swimming badge
I missed the bit of your post about it being from LGW. I did this at LHR and it worked.
Old Mar 22, 12, 1:48 pm

Programs: Ba Bronze, AMEX Plat, CX Gold, HH Gold
I have done this recently, but I told BA what I wanted to do and was advised to OLCI, then call and say I want my BA card used for miles. Did this and all sorted and avios on account.
Old Mar 22, 12, 3:32 pm

Programs: BA Silver
I have had success doing this over the phone despite the agent protesting otherwise. I booked using my CX number and then asked to have the BAEC number added. On MMB I can select seats for free and the booking shows the BA miles and tier points I will earn.

On a reward booking I called up and the agent who asked me what seats I wanted and selected them manually for me. However, these could not be changed without a fee until OLCI.

Search this Thread