welcome nuts and drink

stilton and potato soup

Cod

I need to dig out the menu, really nice

Last edited by tynmar; Apr 15, 2019 at 4:02 pm Reason: wrong class
Old Apr 15, 2019, 4:01 pm

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
And return on the 178 JFK-LHR in Y 9/4/19

offering were omelette? or Sausage and Egg...(with a slice of bacon hiding)
wasn't too bad but was starving.

Old Apr 16, 2019, 2:28 am
Fairmont Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by tynmar
BA182 LHR-JFK in J 6/1/19 fantastic flight and food
I'm not a big sweet fan, but I really like those Do&Co medallion chocs
tynmar likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2019, 9:07 pm

Programs: FB Platinum
Oat cakes

Not a picture, but a question: does anyone know the brand of oat cakes served on the cheese plate in Club World? Have searched everywhere but can't seem to find the answer. Thanks!
Old May 22, 2019, 8:44 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Japanese Set Menu

I can't see a Do&Co Japanese Set Menu in this thread, though the previous version can be found in post 2408 from @kaizenflying.
Post your BA Food Pictures here

This was in CW for KIX to LHR, a day time flight. LHR to KIX is an overnight flight, and also offers a Japanese Set Menu, but since the latter was prepared in the UK I decided only to try the Japanese made version. This comes in 2 full tray swaps, including cutlery, so there isn't the usual tray exchange between starters and main meal elements. The desserts come from the Western menu, which offers two mains (beef and main dish pasta).

Ninety minutes before landing into LHR, a second "light meal" is also served. That has a single menu but with Japanese friendly dishes within it, and the portion sizes were generous.

This is the menu, which I've re-arranged to make it suitable for the screen.

These are the starter selection, though they were all quite small. The sea bream is on the left, the chicken in the middle and the egg sushi on the right.

I think the crew member was a bit concerned I would waste away on such a modest starter so some backup ballast was offered.

This is the main course flounder and the miso, with the pickles at the back and was a more decent sized portion.

This was described as "apple crumble", but it was quite unlike anything I've had before. It was a kind of open apple tart with a crunchy biscuit like partial topping.

Below is the cheese plate. No chutney though!

===

This is the Light (second) meal menu:

This is the salmon starter, with the dessert also on the same tray:

And this is the pork udon, which I thought was a generous portion size.
Old May 22, 2019, 4:48 pm

Nairns I think
Old May 22, 2019, 5:06 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
That meal out of japan looks pretty good.

I love the fact that the chopsticks are labeled as such in case anyone gets confused
Old May 25, 2019, 11:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
LHR-JFK
Club World
Lunch and Afternoon Tea
November 2018

Full details including menus in my trip report here: In the Shadow of Concorde: The British Airways Premium Experience Revisited
Old May 25, 2019, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
JFK-LHR
First
Dinner (dessert only) and Breakfast
November 2018

Note this service was before the rollout of the new soft product in First.

Full details including menus in my trip report here: In the Shadow of Concorde: The British Airways Premium Experience Revisited
Old May 25, 2019, 1:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold, Marriot Bonvoy Gold, MeliaRewards Gold, Radisson Gold
I didn't take a picture (so maybe this post is not allowed on this thread) but just wanted to add that I was particularly impressed with the full english breakfast served in F on the way back from JFK last week. Well presented, good portion - everything cooked to perfection, piping hot - and the scrambled eggs were especially good. Soft ribbons, creamy and cooked perfectly - which I thought was a particularly amazing feat on an aircraft. Big thumbs up from me.
Old Jun 22, 2019, 9:59 pm

Yikes !

Bowl of overcooked pasta

BA16 in first yesterday on the LHR leg back. In F - simply not fit for consumption. A bowl of penne in F, over cooked and as chewy as can be.

The starter was worse .. I didn’t take a picture of that. The dessert was an ice cream soup ... sigh.

Last edited by Glenborama; Jun 22, 2019 at 10:19 pm
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:31 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
A delicious antipasti style dish LHR to EDI, CE. The chocolate mousse was in particular very good. The purser worked very quickly to serve 8 rows of CE on his own!

Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:32 am

Programs: SQ, BA, QR, Marriott Titanium & LT Plat, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat, AmEx Cent
Deleted, duplicate
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:43 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by Glenborama
... simply not fit for consumption ...
I think that's pushing it a little
BWISkyGuy likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by peter h
I think that's pushing it a little
You didn’t have to eat it

it was like chewing a goodyear tyre ....

On a semi serious note, I would of hoped for a little better from an F flight. Same old BA

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.