Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Post your BA Food Pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 10:38 pm

The cabin crew came around with the bread basket again (for everyone) after everyone had been served, but as all the rolls I liked the look of had gone by then I didn't take anything.

I strongly suspect the same salad is used for ovo-lacto vegetarian and non-dairy vegetarian, as well as perhaps some other meals. That's going on the way the butter on the normal trays was swapped for sunflower spread and the UHT milk went in favour of coffee creamer. Also the plastic-wrapped roll that was tossed away... I wonder if that was one of those gluten free ones.

The lady behind me had a seafood meal and it was a similar-looking salad, presumably with some prawns or similar rather than tofu.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 7:23 am

Programs: Executive Club, AMEX, Club Carlson, Tesco clubcard, Nectar, Odeon
Yesterdays club menu on the CAT-LGW flight, student's favourite dinner: chilli con carne. I was surprissed to see that someone in club actually ordered it. Well if you don't like fish you don't have much choice, other menu was penne with salmon.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 8:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
Originally Posted by haasha
I would bet my hand that the egg was cooked beforehand, iced and then just heated up in hot water. Same way as you prepare it on the ground for a bigger event. It takes some effort to screw it up.
I'd be intrigued to hear how it's actually done. Do you think a very soft poached egg could survive cook-chill, and transport onto the aircraft - wouldn't it just be mush? It's possible I guess. Also raw egg doesn't to pass HACCP easily.

Originally Posted by Frenske
Yesterdays club menu on the CAT-LGW flight, student's favourite dinner: chilli con carne. I was surprissed to see that someone in club actually ordered it.
What's wrong with Chilli Con Carne?
Old Apr 7, 2014, 8:40 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Ba f syd sin lhr

Tasmanian Salmon with polenta and broccolini by nigelrturner, on Flickr

Apple Crumble by nigelrturner, on Flickr

Fillet Steak by nigelrturner, on Flickr
Old Apr 7, 2014, 9:17 am

Programs: Executive Club, AMEX, Club Carlson, Tesco clubcard, Nectar, Odeon
Originally Posted by Frenske
Yesterdays club menu on the CAT-LGW flight, student's favourite dinner: chilli con carne. I was surprissed to see that someone in club actually ordered it. Well if you don't like fish you don't have much choice, other menu was penne with salmon.
Originally Posted by ClubClassCowboy
Absolutely nothing, I am quiet fond of a nice chili con carne. It is easy to make and also very cheap to make. I don't think this should be served in business class when people paying 200-500 euros more than economy.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by ClubClassCowboy

Everything when it's supposed to be J food on a three hour flight. I really think it is not a respectable offering.
Old Apr 7, 2014, 1:52 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA213 CW LHR-BOS 22 November 2013

Menu:

Starter: Devon crab timbale

Surprisingly tasty, reasonable amount of crab too. Far better than expected.

Main: Seared fillet of beer

The presentation of the dish wasn't the best, but actually was a good quality steak, definitely not too tough.

Cheese:

BA238 CW BOS-LHR - CW 26 November 2013

Daytime return, so not the best options (definite understatement!).

"Brunch"

Aside from the plate of fruit, quite possibly the worst meal I've ever had the misfortune to eat on BA (and the presentation of what was in the bowl was pretty bad too). Thank goodness for the Club Kitchen!

"Main": Scallops

The scallops were nice, the sauce average & the potatoes undercooked.

Distinctly underwhelmed by the overall quality, quantity & range of options available on the daytime flight, arrived back in the UK feeling distinctly peckish.
Old Apr 8, 2014, 7:21 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by JimEddie
BA238 CW BOS-LHR - CW 26 November 2013

Daytime return, so not the best options (definite understatement!).

"Brunch"

Aside from the plate of fruit, quite possibly the worst meal I've ever had the misfortune to eat on BA (and the presentation of what was in the bowl was pretty bad too). Thank goodness for the Club Kitchen!

"Main": Scallops

The scallops were nice, the sauce average & the potatoes undercooked.

Distinctly underwhelmed by the overall quality, quantity & range of options available on the daytime flight, arrived back in the UK feeling distinctly peckish.
What WAS in the bowl ?!

And what time was the flight - does look pretty poor to me...
Old Apr 10, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Ugh, I really don't like this chicken 'thing' they give out on evening flights. I prefer the prawns.

Busy CE cabin on way home from GVA tonight - 44 people!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:49 am

Programs: BA Silver
On BA113 LHR-JFK CW - 2nd April 2014

Marinated Scottish Salmon with with seaweed salad and Matsuhisa dressing (delicious)

Steamed Severn and Wye cod with grain mustard mash, asparagus and butternut squash with lemon and mint sauce (also delicious)

Came back on the BA238 BOS-LHR on 10th April 2014 and have rarely seen more visually unappealing food than the brunch so didn't take pictures but one item did in fact taste really good (rigatoni with wild mushroom ragout and ricotta)

Last edited by ruby55; Apr 11, 2014 at 3:37 pm Reason: Typo
Old Apr 11, 2014, 9:04 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Has the presentation and quality of food in CW improved pretty substantially of late? The pictures are looking better and comments are becomes much more favourable.

I haven't been a regular in CW for a while, only flying it maybe once or twice a month but I have only had one meal that I did not like.

That Devon Crab Timbale is my favourite!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Originally Posted by ruby55
That looks really good, at this rate BA are in danger of being accused of delivering decent food on board.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:40 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

If you stay clear of beef dishes, CW mains really aren't bad at all.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 10:47 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by Prospero
If you stay clear of beef dishes, CW mains really aren't bad at all.
I had the steak twice recently on the 380 and it was really good.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 11:12 am
Suspended
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by orbitmic
Everything when it's supposed to be J food on a three hour flight. I really think it is not a respectable offering.
This.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.