Wiki Posts
Search

Post your BA Food Pictures here

Search this Thread

Old Jul 16, 2017, 9:00 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Rivarix
On BA99 to Toronto, dessert was served together with starter (FA actually pointed it out) with the main course to follow.

So the dessert plate replaced where salad used to be served ... was this a one-off (forgot to load salad on board maybe?) or standard procedure in CW today? Cost cutting?
This has been reported on some long haul flights operating with reduced crew during the strike. It isn't normal CW service.
Old Jul 16, 2017, 11:52 am
Ziz

Programs: BA Silver
On the plus side I suppose this means no more dessert OR cheese?

I am doing this route on Wednesday and will report back.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 7:37 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
KSML, F BA167 (LHR-TLV) 20th July 2017

I am skipping a number of bits, as I didn't take pictures.

The pickled beef and potato salad starter (which I have had a number of times before) was excellent:

However the main course of lamb chops was just excellent! I would have preferred them medium rather than medium-well, but that is really nit-picking as they were tender, juicy and just plain delicious!

Old Jul 21, 2017, 9:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Skywards Silver
Afternoon tea (ploughmans) on LHR-BIO CE
Attached Images  
Old Jul 27, 2017, 9:15 am

Programs: EL AL Matmid, BA Executive Club GfL, GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Avis President's Club
KSML, F BA167 (LHR-TLV) 26th July 2017

Another excellent kosher meal in F. (For those who understand things Jewish, the fish main course was due to the 'nine days').

Amuse Bouche:

Cold salmon starter:

Stuffed Lemon sole main course:

The vegetables served with the main course were perfectly cooked 'al dente'. Pretty amazing for reheated food. I was actually dreading what my meal might contain, knowing full well the perils of reheated fish on airlines. However, I think that the stuffing in the rolls of fish served to keep it moist. The sauce was poured over during plating, so that had nothing to do with keeping the fish from being dried out.

Fresh salad and dessert were as in my previous posts on this thread.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 7:10 am

TXL-STN BA Cityflyer, Club Europe 28/07/17 - No choice offered; fish & chips take it or leave it!

Name:  IMG_2905.jpg
Views: 2478
Size:  478.6 KB

Sorry I ate the salad before I took the pic. Weirdly no bread rolls but two slices of plain white bread plonked on top of the salad. Salad & the chocolate cake were meh but the main meal was decent enough...sachet of vinegar & tartare sauce would have helped greatly.
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by mfhpfl
TXL-STN BA Cityflyer, Club Europe 28/07/17 - No choice offered; fish & chips take it or leave it!

Sorry I ate the salad before I took the pic. Weirdly no bread rolls but two slices of plain white bread plonked on top of the salad. Salad & the chocolate cake were meh but the main meal was decent enough...sachet of vinegar & tartare sauce would have helped greatly.
So with your two slices of bread weren't you supposed to make a chip butty?
Old Aug 1, 2017, 9:36 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Honors Diamond, Mucci de buveur de gin
Originally Posted by KARFA
So with your two slices of bread weren't you supposed to make a chip butty?
But there's no ketchup. You can't have a chip butty without ketchup!
Old Aug 1, 2017, 10:26 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, HH Diamond
For goodness hake, surely there's only plaice for tartare sauce in a chip butty?!
Old Aug 1, 2017, 3:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Hake? I think we are talking about haddock here!
Old Aug 1, 2017, 4:31 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by mfhpfl

Attachment 37190

Cityflyer is always sliced bread and it's usually better than the standard CE rolls, IMHO...
Old Aug 2, 2017, 12:39 am
Moderator, Emirates

Programs: BAEC Silver, FB Platinum, KQ Asante Gold, Shebamiles Blue, Emirates Blue
Lunch tray in J on BA232 DME-LHR. The starter came on the tray with dessert and cheese and biscuits. Didn't get a picture of the main which was actually very flavoursome (Cod with vegetables & some type of purple rice). However, after the crew took our orders, he came back just before serving and apologised that the wrong catering had been loaded and the duck starter was now a prawn and melon starter (emphasis on prawn-singular). The mains were meant to be cod & chicken but that turned out to be cod & lamb. I had selected the cod anyway so that was no worries.

S
Attached Images  
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
DUB-LHR (April 2017)
Club Europe

Afternoon Tea

LHR-DUB (April 2017)
Club Europe

Lunch

More details in my report here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...t-lounges.html
Old Aug 19, 2017, 2:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by Genius1
DUB-LHR (April 2017)
Club Europe

Afternoon Tea

bafan and icegirl like this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 5:18 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
Cold cuts by https://www.flickr.com/photos/46144772@N00/, on Flickr

Chicken salad by https://www.flickr.com/photos/46144772@N00/, on Flickr

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.