Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelled redemption HHA - return of Avios

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2012, 8:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Gold, Skymiles Plat
Cancelled redemption HHA - return of Avios

Hello - bit detailed so please bear with me!

I have a Amex 241 redemption booking in F to Oz for two people currently part of my HHA.

At the time of booking, the Avios in my account + the additional travelling HHA member was not enough for the booking so some miles were taken from a 3rd HHA members account in the usual way.

However, the 3rd HHA member is my now ex-partner and I have removed her from the HHA, but I have financially compensated her for the miles that were used to book the redemption ticket (as part of a break-up settlement)

Unfortunately, there is a chance that we may have to cancel the redemption booking for completly unrelated reasons and I wondered where the Avios would be returned to now that there are only 2 HHA members?

I assume that the miles taken from her account would be returned to her - but having paid her compensation for the miles I doubt I'd see the money again!

Thanks in advance,
Mark
Old Mar 15, 2012, 8:33 am

I just changed a redemption which basically cancelled and re-booked it, the returned miles were split pro-rata across the 4 people that had been in the HHA when the booking was made in the proportions they were taken in the first place (even though two of them are no longer in the HHA or even at my address) The re-booking just reduced the mileage on the two remaining members of the HHA. It wasn't a problem in my case but it does look like your ex will get some miles back. Hope this helps.
Old Mar 15, 2012, 8:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
In my experience the miles are returned to the head of household's personal balance although I guess YMMV.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.