Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Apart from posting here at BA - do any of you work?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Apart from posting here at BA - do any of you work?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by colmc
Someone in IT is a frequent flyer who likes to gamble
Not far off there colmc.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 8:59 am

Programs: BAEC Gold (thanks to BOB), UA, Flying Blue, Miles & Smiles, Amex BAPP & Platinum
Well now; certainly made me question my work ethic. Having said that, half of my staff will be whiling away their time on facetube and the like, so why should I worry?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 9:08 am

Programs: BA Gold, Amex Platinum, Mileage junkie, Four Seasons seeker, brings the kids in F club
I work in the interwebs.

I post here when my other outlets are quiet.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by colmc
The Internet is my work, so surfing FT hardly registers
Largely that's my excuse ... hopping between here and the stuff I do in my signature block.
Two Safari panes open, one with 3/4 tabs and the other one with 5/6.
The "work" one uses FB and a LOT of Google-Mail
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: BA Gold
Thankfully I am presently engaged in the arduous task of being a student so I am not really expected to work (I leave that to my husband )

FT is a very useful way of avoiding the tedium of being awarded my, ahem, highly valuable PhD in the 'liberal arts' (double )
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:15 am

I'm currently on maternity leave, so am spending my time working out how to spend the hundreds of thousands of Avios I accumulated when I was on maternity leave last time! I spent that stint of maternity leave getting addicted to sites like Paid to Shop, so am trying not to go down the obsessive route this time!
Luckily my little one has begun sleeping through, so I'm less likely to be have a 2am read of FlyerTalk (I will be asking him to wake me up though when the award flights for summer 2013's holiday come on sale!!!)
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:19 am

Programs: BA GGL, VS Gold, BD Gold, Flying Blue Platinum, IC RA, Hilton Diamond, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by VC10 Boy
I work very hard I'll have you know.

As a global head of something or other at Magic Global Mega Law, ranked an expert in the field according to Legal 500. Chambers even describe me in far more glowing terms, although I'm only regarded as second tier, still that puts me in the top 10 in the world, it leaves me little time to post these days.
I never knew they published a top 10 in the world for people who do the photcopying, filing and making drinks in Magic Global Mega Law firms
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by BA1A
I never knew they published a top 10 in the world for people who do the photcopying, filing and making drinks in Magic Global Mega Law firms
Competition is fierce I can assure you!

Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
What gets me is how the MODS find the time to do their sterling work on FT (assuming they have proper jobs to do as well)?
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:47 am

Work? I've forgotten what that is.
Old Mar 13, 2012, 10:47 am

Programs: BA GOLD/OWE BA Amex Prem Plus Tesco Airmiles Qantas Bronze IHG SPG Eithad
Work 4 days a week, have FT open most of the time, and able to read threads and send through replies, at home for the week-end do spend time as well, so more replies sent. Work if they are aware do not say anything, or i just quickly if the boss is around exit out, and pretend that i am doing some work, but on the whole very relaxed at work. have many times laughing to myself otherwise i know i would not be allowed to have the internet at all at work. As for lounges, do not take my laptop, do not have a phone that works on the internet, and do not have an ipad, so the lumpy laptop stays at home, would rather spend my time just having a lovely glass of bubbles and something to eat.^
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, Mucci
I retired when I was 39 so I manage to find a few minutes between breakfast, lunch and naps!
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by HilFly
I retired when I was 39 so I manage to find a few minutes between breakfast, lunch and naps!
Damn ... and there was me feeling smug about stopping work at 49
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:46 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Mucci Champion des Champions, BAG4L, *A Gold, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, Hertz Gold, Avis President
I have to say that I find it harder to spend as much time on FT as I would like but whenever I see a post from HRH PUCCI I find myself drawn like a moth to a flame ........
Old Mar 13, 2012, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by HilFly
Tried that once. Got so bored I went back to work within a year.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.