Wiki Posts
Search

Converting award booking to MFU?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 3, 2012, 4:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Converting award booking to MFU?

If I have an award booking, can I call BA and have them somehow "convert" it to an MFU?

Alternatively, how easy would it be for me to accomplish what I want manually via ba.com? In other words: How is award inventory handled when an award booking is cancelled - is it automatically and immediately made available for new bookings so I can quickly grab the seats in a fresh MFU booking, or is there some indeterminate waiting period that would make it hard to avoid losing my seats to someone else?
Old Mar 3, 2012, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I believe that the award seats need not go back into the award category if the award is cancelled ie you cancel the reservation and there are no more seats available for the MFU ( plenty still to buy though). I assume this is where BA thinks it can sell the seats rather than release them for awards.

Can you MFU now and then cancel the award ticket? This would be safer.

Regards

TBS
Old Mar 3, 2012, 5:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Can you MFU now and then cancel the award ticket? This would be safer.
Nope, there's zero availability at this point. Hence why I'm so concerned with not losing those seats I already have
Old Mar 3, 2012, 7:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I have not heard of this being done here ( but it might be possible- probably better to phone BAEC and see if it is possible before doing it).

Hope it works out.

Regards

TBS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.