FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Taking a break from Moderating (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1315671-taking-break-moderating.html)

Swanhunter Feb 18, 2012 4:18 pm

Taking a break from Moderating

As the thread title suggests, I’m taking a break from moderating this forum. My workload is increasing by the day and sadly a close family member is unwell with a prognosis that is not at all good. In a list of priorities – and no matter how much I love you all ( ;) ) - FT will have to come behind family, earning a crust and sleep.

I’ll be around from time to time to moan about things, but otherwise leave you in the more than capable hands of my Moderator colleagues.

Happy travels and play nicely!

Swanhunter

rossmacd Feb 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Swanhunter, I hope your family member gets better as soon as possible - my thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time. I hope you are able to come back to knock us into shape in the very near future. ^

Your knowledge and experience will be missed and I hope you are not away for too long :(

BingBongBoy Feb 18, 2012 4:21 pm

Swanhunter... Oh Hunter of Swans...

I am very sorry to hear your bad news in terms of family and of course, this, you family and other commitments must take precedence over an IBB.

I hope things improve for you, and wish you all the very best with dealing with what may be a very difficult time in your personal life.

We are all hear for you if you need us.

Warmest regards and thanks for all your efforts and time you have input into these boards.

BBB
x

quaintass Feb 18, 2012 4:24 pm

Sorry to hear this Swanhunter, particularly in the light of the personal circumstances which I hope will ultimately have a good outcome.
We will all miss your timely inputs and level headed approach to moderating.
Good luck for the future.

Jimmie76 Feb 18, 2012 4:26 pm

Best of luck with everything, I hope it turns out okay for all concerned. I look forward to seeing you back here as soon as you are ready with your Mod hat firmly on.

golfmad Feb 18, 2012 4:30 pm

Sorry to hear that Swanhunter. Hoping for the best of outcomes.

HIDDY Feb 18, 2012 4:32 pm

Originally Posted by Swanhunter (Post 18041217)
- FT will have to come behind family, earning a crust and sleep.

Correct.

All the best.

Air_Bear Feb 18, 2012 4:34 pm

Ditto everything above. Hope your personal situations resolve themselves one way or the other and you're back, moderating our every move, soon.

AB

Athlete95 Feb 18, 2012 4:41 pm

All the best Swanhunter! Even at my young age, I have experienced having family members become very ill, in particular one very close family member, it just makes you see how important that particular person's presence in your life is, something which many of us and especially at that point I took for granted!

Take care, keep your head held high :) ^

(PS: We will all try to behave here on the BAEC forum!) :rolleyes:

Polomarc Feb 18, 2012 5:22 pm

All the best and for good things to come

I joined the forum a few weeks ago and one of the factors have been your contributions, always interesting to read :)

Thanks again

Beano HK Feb 18, 2012 6:02 pm

Wishing you and yours all the very best.

Beano

KenJohn Feb 18, 2012 6:06 pm

All the best.
Good to be able to share and rotate the responsibilities.

Yahillwe Feb 18, 2012 6:14 pm

Your wisdom and calm will be missed... We will keep your place warm for your return. Meanwhile best of luck.... And please keep us updated. To quote an American add, " we will keep the light on for you."

AA_EXP09 Feb 18, 2012 6:18 pm

My sincere condolences to your family.

squeeler Feb 18, 2012 6:27 pm

All the best and thank you.