Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Taking a break from Moderating

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2012, 2:32 am

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR), *A Gold - TAP, SkyTeam E+, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Diamond, Sixt PL, GE/TSA Pre
Swanhunter - Unwavering service you've always provided to FT - hope to see you back here soon.

Best wishes to your family member.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 3:06 am

Programs: BAEC, AA, Emirates, Hilton, Hyatt, Taj Hotels
All the best Swanhunter.

Hopefully we can still deliver a few laughs for you from time to time.

Keep in touch.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 3:11 am
Ambassador

Thank-you for keeping everyone in check for all this time, Swanhunter. Good luck with everything.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 4:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Sad news for this Forum - but your reasons are obvious.

Very best wishes to you and yours.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 4:43 am

Programs: BA Gold - so flying too much again... plus AA, LX, VS and too many hotel programmes to mention
Good to see you've got your priorities right.

Best wishes to you and your family.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:01 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Swanhunter, it has been an enormous pleasure working with you. I owe you a debt of gratitude for the time, wisdom and level headedness you have imparted. I'm going to miss not having you around. Haste ye back, my friend but only when the time is right for you.

Best wishes to you and your family.

PS. for those who don't know, the BA Trip Report competition is dear to Swanhunter's heart and he had plans to kick this off last month, but life just got in the way of this. So in his honour, I launched the http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...mpetition.html thread today.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold [>20k Lifetime TPs] | Hilton Honors Lifetime Diamond [as is Mrs PtF] | Various Others
Swanhunter - may I please add my own best wishes and expression of gratitude to you? I have witnessed at first hand many occasions where your Mod skills have been sorely tested - the fact that the BAEC forum continues to survive is a testament not only to you, but to the other Mods who unselfishly give up so much of their time to keep the rest of us under control.

Those of us who have ever been the recipient of one of your PMs know your real name - but we shall continue to remember you as Swanhunter. ^
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Thanks for all efforts in moderating (and posting).
Wishing you all the best and hope to see you back when conditions allow.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:44 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by eightblack
Swanhunter, all the best my friend and you are in fact 100% right in your decision. Next time I am in London, we will calm our nerves with a wee dram. Or ten.

The BA Asylum will be fine while you are on leave. The inmates will be here when you get back. I am more than happy to drop in from time to time to help calm things down...

My very best wishes for your family member...
I agree with everything Eightblack says - while he's jetting off round the world if you ever need a dram/pint/glass of whatever then let me know, and in the meantime I hope that your close family member's prognosis improves.

However, as a shareholder in your employer I often wondered how you managed to fit in the amount of work you did on here, a job, and the minor things in life like eating and sleeping! I hope that you feel able to come back to the "Asylum" more permanently when time permits and that you pop in now and again in the meantime.

Until then, thanks for all your hard work on FT - it has certainly made it a better place.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 5:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
All the best Swanhunter, sorry to hear about your family member and I do hope they make a full recovery.

hope to see you back here in full mod capacity very soon!

Last edited by clubman; Feb 19, 2012 at 5:55 am
Old Feb 19, 2012, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
All the best Swanhunter, and thank you for your significant contribution to the forum over the past few years. :-:
Old Feb 19, 2012, 9:24 am
vla

Programs: Mucci, BAEC Gold, Aegean Gold
Sending my appreciation and warm wishes to Swanhunter.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:43 am

Programs: BAEC blue, CX Gold, HHonors Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Le Club Accor Plat
I'd also like to add my thanks for all your effort/time on FT and wish you all the best.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Thanks for all your moderating Swanhunter.

Sometimes I have disagreed with your decisions but we muddle through in the end and it is in no small part down to you and the other mods that we have a thriving community here on the BA board.
Old Feb 19, 2012, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by LondonAndy
I often wondered how you managed to fit in the amount of work you did on here, a job, and the minor things in life like eating and sleeping!
Parkinson's Law of time management, which states that the time required to complete a given set of activities expands or contracts to fit the available time.

Or put another way, the busier you are the more you achieve.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.