Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Tesco to Avios - utterly confused - please help!

Old Feb 17, 12, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver

Apologies if the answer to this is buried in the 500 page tesco thread.

So I converted £29.50 worth of club card vouchers to BAEC, except now it goes to Avois. Can anyone tell me what i've done? The miles haven't appeared in my account but I've had an e-mail saying that they'll turn up in the post within 28 days.

Utterly baffled as to how these two systems integrate... Any help for this rather confused individual is welcome!
Old Feb 17, 12, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

When did you do the transfer?

I find it takes one or two days for the Avios to post to BAEC ( slightly longer if done over the weekend)

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 17, 12, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

A couple of days back.

It always used to be overnight and the other thing that threw me was you didn't have a space to enter or confirm the BAEC account number.
Old Feb 17, 12, 12:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

When I converted Tesco to Avios ( there are 2 separate Avios transfer options on tesco.com , one for Avios and one for BAEC) the box to enter/confirm the BAEC number was there) -very strange.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 17, 12, 1:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

OK, i've just checked another e-mail account and I now have an Avois account (but I don't know what the account number is...)

The £29.50 has translated to 9440 avios and it's promising another 400/£2.50 to be paid in the next 28 days

Two questions

1) Have I lost my 'protected' clubcard status (I don't think so)
2) How do I get these miles into my BAEC account?

Many thanks
Old Feb 17, 12, 1:43 pm

Programs: BAEC, Tesco ClubCard, PriorityClub Gold now, Amex Gold
Originally Posted by Swiss Tony View Post
OK, i've just checked another e-mail account and I now have an Avois account (but I don't know what the account number is...)

The £29.50 has translated to 9440 avios and it's promising another 400/£2.50 to be paid in the next 28 days

Two questions

1) Have I lost my 'protected' clubcard status (I don't think so)
2) How do I get these miles into my BAEC account?

Many thanks
1) What is that? Never heard of it.
2) When you get your Avios account details, login and transfer the Avios to your BAEC account using the 'Combine my Avios' option.
Old Feb 17, 12, 1:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Utterly baffled as to how these two systems integrate... Any help for this rather confused individual is welcome!
It doesn't matter, just login to that Avios.com account and click on my account, then "combine my avios" in order to transfer them to your BAEC account.

Don't forget to check again in a few weeks for your bonus and transfer it over aswell.
Old Feb 17, 12, 1:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PanGalactic View Post
It doesn't matter, just login to that Avios.com account and click on my account, then "combine my avios" in order to transfer them to your BAEC account.

Don't forget to check again in a few weeks for your bonus and transfer it over aswell.
Except I don't know my Avois account number - I think there's a phone number I can call up to sort it out though (blasted 0844 rip-off stuff, mind you!)

Thanks all

PS kirky - about 10 years back Tesco had an arrangement for people spending over I think £50 a week where they got better transfers. Although this doesn't apply now, it has been grandfathered across.
Old Feb 17, 12, 1:58 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Except I don't know my Avois account number
You don't login with the number, it's a username which you can retrieve by using your email address here:

https://www.avios.com/my-account/forgotten-my-username

Then get your password from here:

https://www.avios.com/my-account/forgotten-my-password
Old Feb 17, 12, 9:23 pm

Programs: BA- blue, BD,DL
To avoid this in future, make sure you select the correct redemption on the Tesco website. I had 3 options, Avios, Avios BAEC, and Avios autoconvert and if I hadn't been looking carefully I might have transferred to the wrong account too.
Old Feb 17, 12, 9:58 pm

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by highpeaklad View Post
To avoid this in future, make sure you select the correct redemption on the Tesco website. I had 3 options, Avios, Avios BAEC, and Avios autoconvert and if I hadn't been looking carefully I might have transferred to the wrong account too.
Should be 4 options.

- Avios.com-Avios
- Avios.com-Avios - and sign me up for autoconvert
- BAEC-Avios
- BAEC-Avios - and sign me up for autoconvert

N.b. if people qualify for the 'new partner' offer in both BAEC and Avios.com, then they should be sending 1500+ Avios from Tesco to both for the next three quarters as well.
Old Feb 18, 12, 9:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by highpeaklad View Post
Thing is I did my usual trick of googling Tesco to BAEC and just followed the link.
Old Feb 18, 12, 10:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Junior Jet Club
Has anyone used the Avios automatic opt-in, and are there any catches to doing so (as it saves having to navigate the appalling Tesco website!)

http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/...in_merch_name=
Old Feb 18, 12, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
... I've had an e-mail saying that they'll turn up in the post within 28 days.
This is the bit that puzzles me, and it doesn't seem to have been addressed by other responses.

Redemptions in the post are normally for money-off coupons or free meals and the like that you use by presenting them at point of sale. I've not heard of miles (sorry, Avios) credits being treated this way.

You could wait to see what turns up within 28 days - probably less in practice - or if impatient, have a word with the Tesco 'help'line, though given the widespread misunderstanding of all things Avios, perhaps that would be very much the second choice.
Old Feb 18, 12, 11:51 am

Programs: BA Silver, HH Silver.
I totally cocked up my first transfer since Avios arrived.I converted £200+ of vouchers to Avios instead of BAEC doh, I have no Avios account, contacted Tesco nothing they could do, to be fair it does say the transaction is final before you click.Just logged into an old email account and there was a confirmation of the transfer to Avios. Managed to get into the account with the email address after a username prompt and a password reset.Vouchers transferred at the protected 800 rate I'm a happy bunny

Search this Thread
Search Engine: