Triple Avios offer

Old Feb 15, 2012, 5:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC GGL, BA Amex PP
Triple Avios offer

BA are offering triple Avios on BA (or AA) F and CW return flights to Jeddah, Cairo, Delhi, Toronto, Calgary, Atlanta, Newark, Boston, Chicago and Bangkok from LHR.

Also applies to JFK and Chicago returns from Manchester but will be on AA-operated flights

Caught my eye as planning a US trip in June but only applies to travel between now and 31 March!

Great offer if you need to travel in next 6 weeks - if I had gone for a Newark return in CW and with Silver status, would have got 51,870 Avios!!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 5:31 am
Original Poster

Here is the link as doesn't seem to appear upfront on the site

https://www.britishairways.com/trave...3DBBBB6JLVBBBX
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Silver
Does not include cheapest CW booking classes.

Eligible return flights are in either our First or Club World cabins (fare classes F, A, J, C, D or R) or American Airlines’ First Class or Business Class cabins (fare classes F, A, J, D or R) for travel between 15 February 2012 and 31 March 2012.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 10:45 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Brilliant offer if you qualify...but I wonder why the destination list is so (seemingly) random?

I'm on an R ticket LHR-LAX at the end of the month, for work, and I'd be giddy to triple my Avios...especially because I'm taking my first ever mileage run on Saturday to JER, to edge up to Bronze before my LAX flight.

Oh well, maybe I'll be off to the right destination next time

I'm still a bit embarrassingly giddy that post LAX, I'll be a stone's throw from shiny silver

Last edited by londonphile; Feb 15, 2012 at 11:07 am Reason: grammar error, eek!
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:04 am

Programs: BAEC
Not directly related but driving past a Shell garage today I noticed a sign advertising "Win a million Avios". As I didn't need petrol I didn't call in so don't know the details.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:11 am
Original Poster

As correctly highlighted, it does apply to the more expensive CW fare classes (think I is the cheapest and not included here). That said for your business passenger where price may be a different issue it is pretty good - rather than just tripling your "base avio" amount, they also triple the tier bonus and the cabin bonus as well. For someone who can happily pay a full First fare in cash at such notice then they probably don't need the Avios for upgrades and redemptions

It's a great feeling to reach silver, I got to silver unexpectedly after flying a "short haul" flight in business but as it was over 2000 miles I got the full whack of TPs and moved from Blue to Silver in a week. Keen to hang on to it now
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:15 am

It looks as if both legs of a return need to be completed by 31st March - is that the case?
Old Feb 15, 2012, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MadnessOfCrowds
It looks as if both legs of a return need to be completed by 31st March - is that the case?
In the detailed terms,

2) To participate in this promotion, Eligible Participants must:

a)............
b) book and complete the outbound and return sectors of a Qualifying Flight between 15 February 2012 and 31 March 2012 inclusive (the “Promotional Period”). Eligible Participants must quote their Executive Club membership number at the time of booking each Qualifying Flight and also at check-in for each outbound and return part of their journey.

So essentially yes
Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA Plat
Originally Posted by nh1980
BA are offering triple Avios on BA (or AA) F and CW return flights to Jeddah, Cairo, Delhi, Toronto, Calgary, Atlanta, Newark, Boston, Chicago and Bangkok from LHR.

Also applies to JFK and Chicago returns from Manchester but will be on AA-operated flights

Caught my eye as planning a US trip in June but only applies to travel between now and 31 March!

Great offer if you need to travel in next 6 weeks - if I had gone for a Newark return in CW and with Silver status, would have got 51,870 Avios!!
Perhaps it is because loads in F and J to those destinations are lower than normal/anticipated?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:17 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Reroute ?

Originally Posted by londonphile
Brilliant offer if you qualify...but I wonder why the destination list is so (seemingly) random?

I'm on an R ticket LHR-LAX at the end of the month, for work, and I'd be giddy to triple my Avios...especially because I'm taking my first ever mileage run on Saturday to JER, to edge up to Bronze before my LAX flight.

Oh well, maybe I'll be off to the right destination next time

I'm still a bit embarrassingly giddy that post LAX, I'll be a stone's throw from shiny silver
can you reroute LHR. ORD. LAX. ?

Register at AA and also get double miles on AA. ORD. LAX.
Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by DWFI
Perhaps it is because loads in F and J to those destinations are lower than normal/anticipated?
I would say J to/from Toronto definitely is on the days that aren't usual business travel days - been less than half full whenever I've flown it. Same applies to WTP as Mrs Lem (and all the other pasengers in the cabin) got a row to herself when flying out on a Friday to meet me late last year

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.