Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

SHELL & Avios /BA Executive Mile - master thread, bonuses, earning, etc.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:16 am

Programs: BA Gold. Iberia Plus Blue, Miles and More Blue, Gulf Blue, Tesco Clubcard, Elite PAL Mabuhay
I've had any offers since November. Mind you my Shell app says I have an offer occasionally - but when I click though its not there.

Anyone else getting offers?
Old Feb 2, 2014, 7:40 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by londonbus
I've had any offers since November. Mind you my Shell app says I have an offer occasionally - but when I click though its not there.

Anyone else getting offers?
Yes, pretty regularly for the last few months. Usually every other week.
Old Feb 2, 2014, 8:06 am

Programs: BAEC, FB, QANTAS, IHG, Hilton, Marriott, AVIS Preferred, MRAeS

Yes I get offers regularly. It used to be one a week, though the latest covers a 2 week period.
Old Oct 26, 2017, 2:47 am

Programs: BA
Bonus points have just appeared on my Apps
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
An email received today:-
Changes to collecting Avios with Shell Drivers' Club

Changes to our fuel collection partnership

Dear [Globaliser],

As a British Airways Executive Club Member that has previously converted Shell Drivers’ Club points to Avios, we are writing to inform you that from 30 June 2019 you will no longer be able to convert your points to Avios on fuel via the Shell Drivers’ Club.

Your membership with the British Airways Executive Club remains unaffected by this change. All Avios converted from your Shell Drivers’ Club will remain in your British Airways Executive Club account and will remain active, according to the Executive Club Terms and Conditions. Find out more here

The good news is that you can continue to collect Avios on your fuel purchases at Tesco, through our Tesco Clubcard partnership. Scan your Tesco Clubcard when filling up at any of the 500+ Tesco petrol stations across the UK and you’ll earn 600 Avios for every £2.50 in vouchers you exchange. To make it even easier you can set up your Clubcard vouchers to exchange to Avios automatically. Simply log in to your 'My Clubcard Account' to change your preferences.
[NB: I have amended the first link to point to the UK site, which is presumably what BAEC intended to do.]
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:59 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Globaliser
An email received today:-[NB: I have amended the first link to point to the UK site, which is presumably what BAEC intended to do.]
This is a shame, thanks for passing on as I didn't get an email. I can't even get into my Shell account to check current status (https://www.shelldriversclub.co.uk/s...tml?site=en-en) seems to have a Java error and just sits there doing nothing when you click on it - anyone else finding the same? (different browsers and on phone vs. laptop)
Old Jul 1, 2019, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

A reminder that as of today, buying petrol from Shell is no longer a route for earning Avios.

Shell's email last week said:-
We are writing to you to let you know that Shell Drivers’ Club will be closing on Sunday 30th June 2019. After this date, you will no longer be able to earn Shell Drivers’ Club points on your purchases at any Shell service station. Any points you have earned up until 30th June will be sent to you through your chosen reward in the August statement.

Our new rewards programme, Shell Go+ is now live. If you’d like to join and enjoy money off fuel, member benefits and more, please click here.
[Link amended to point to the target URL.]
Old Sep 10, 2019, 11:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I happened to notice that my last batch of Avios from Shell dropped into my BAEC account a few days ago.

Ah, the end of a beautiful-albeit-not-very-lucrative relationship.
Akoz and TedToToe like this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: BA, Emirates, IHG, Accor, Marriott, Hilton
I happened to notice that my last batch of Avios from Shell dropped into my BAEC account a few days ago.

I found it very lucrative. Frequently used to get 100 extra points per week and it was my most convenient petrol station.

Sadly another demise of an Avios earning avenue.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:26 am

Dont knock it. Their new and refreshed rewards scheme gives you a BONUS after 10 fill ups.

Excitedly, I have just achieved this threshold and my "reward? " A pound .
parklife and MNMAA like this.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 3:43 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
None of my Avios from Shell have posted this year, as far as I can see. Had emails saying I earned xxx and they're on their way, but nothing.
No issues in the past, and I'm losing out on the 40% Tesco bonus as well.

No intention of using Shell again unless there's no other choice or they're more convenient to me.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 4:16 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, Mucci recipient
My last transfer posted in early Sept back-dated to 30 June (date I purchased fuel) but was only for 30 Avios despite the final email from Shell stating that I'd earned 37 Avios. I missed out on a fair few Avios because I didn't realise until earlier this year Shell was an Avios earning partner. I've also not received any bonus from Tesco despite buying fuel there for years :-(
Old Sep 11, 2019, 4:33 am

Originally Posted by woosiep
Dont knock it. Their new and refreshed rewards scheme gives you a BONUS after 10 fill ups.

Excitedly, I have just achieved this threshold and my "reward? " A pound .
Exactly this, I don't even bother anymore, to be honest.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 4:34 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Checked my BAEC account and the last transaction there, under MISC, is for 30 Avios back in 2017.

No idea where they've been going then as I had quartertly emails, the last one for 300+ after a promo earlier this year.

The Shell website just says the scheme is now closed so you can't access anything.
Old Sep 11, 2019, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by parklife
I found it very lucrative.
I bet you drive more than 2,500 miles a year!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.