Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

World Traveller Plus: value proposition discussion

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2011, 4:17 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold

I have to say, whilst a healthy miles balance means I haven't had to WT+ for many years, I actually really liked the look of the new cabin at the Open Day last weekend.

The screens looked a good size. I'd be happy to travel in new WT+.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND

Am I missing something? The new WT+ doesn't even have leg rests and the arm rests are significantly smaller than on the current WT+.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 2:40 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
Originally Posted by fly747first
Am I missing something? The new WT+ doesn't even have leg rests and the arm rests are significantly smaller than on the current WT+.
Surely that means wider seats and more legroom!

The original WT+ seat is not good comfort wise, I'd be far more worried to hear the new seat is as uncomfortable than that they'd lost the frankly superfluous leg rests
Old Jan 23, 2012, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by Cap'n Benj
... the frankly superfluous leg rests
To each their own: I rather value the old WT+ leg rests, just as (IIRC) many have not been pleased about the absence of leg rests in NF.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 2:56 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser
To each their own: I rather value the old WT+ leg rests, just as (IIRC) many have not been pleased about the absence of leg rests in NF.
Really?! I can see absolutely no benefit to them whatsoever if you're over 4'5 tall. The foot rests serve a slight purpose, the leg rests none at all for me at an average 5'10 tall

It's certainly v different to the situation in F, where the actually provided some support, although again at 5'10, I didn't miss them as much as my wife who's a bit shorter but only by a few inches, so it seems touch and go there
Old Jan 23, 2012, 2:59 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Agreed.

I have not travelled in NWTP, but did like the leg rest in the previous seat, although it did not go high enough and the foot rest was poor.

Whilst I like parts of NF, the missing leg rest is one of the downsides.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 3:58 am

Originally Posted by TravellerFrequently
Agreed.

I have not travelled in NWTP, but did like the leg rest in the previous seat, although it did not go high enough and the foot rest was poor.

How tall are you both, if it's not rude to enquire? I seriously think if you're taller than 5'4 it must be all but physically impossible to receive any benefit from the leg rest as your feet will be firmly planted on the floor long before the rest touches your calves
Old Jan 23, 2012, 4:19 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
How tall are you both, if it's not rude to enquire? I seriously think if you're taller than 5'4 it must be all but physically impossible to receive any benefit from the leg rest as your feet will be firmly planted on the floor long before the rest touches your calves
5'11.

It has been quite a few years time since I flew WTP, so perhaps I do not remember clearly.

I have not grown since then, however, at least not length ways...
Old Jan 23, 2012, 5:06 am

Programs: BA Silver, HHonours Gold, Mucci of Pucci, Oyster Card, Nectar Card, Father's Day Card
Originally Posted by fly747first
From the photos that were flying around when the cabin was launched it looks like the seats in the very first row of WT+ have the leg rests - but the others don't......

Not sure if this is actually the case?
Old Jan 23, 2012, 7:24 am

5'11.

It has been quite a few years time since I flew WTP, so perhaps I do not remember clearly.

I have not grown since then, however, at least not length ways...
At 5'11 Im pretty sure they'd be completely redundant, if you were in the first row of the cabin though, the foot rest is attached to the leg rest so perhaps you remember using that, which does allow you to at least raise your feet into a different position for a bit.
Old Jan 23, 2012, 7:34 am

At 5'11 Im pretty sure they'd be completely redundant, if you were in the first row of the cabin though, the foot rest is attached to the leg rest so perhaps you remember using that, which does allow you to at least raise your feet into a different position for a bit.
Yes, the last two times I was in WTP I sat in the front rows of a 777 and 767 with the extra leg room.

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Jan 23, 2012 at 9:13 am
Old Jan 23, 2012, 8:37 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
???
New WT+ do have legrests and the armrest if possible seems even wider..
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:06 am

Agreed.

+1
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:06 am

I got the impression that they'd be like Quantas, but that is obviously not the case?

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Mar 8, 2012 at 2:16 am
Old Jan 23, 2012, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
How tall are you both, if it's not rude to enquire?
I'm about 5'11" as well.

I think that one difference between us may be that I have a long body and short legs. That may explain why the leg rest makes a difference for me. How well one fits into any seat is always going to depend on one's body geometry - which is what my comment was intending to refer to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.