Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the most Avios you got from BA as compensation and for what?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the most Avios you got from BA as compensation and for what?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24, 2018, 2:41 pm

Date: 17/2/18
Cabin Flown: First
My Status: Silver
Complaint: Broken temperature control - osscilating between arctic and sahara desert
Compensation: 10k per passenger

An old 56J 747, to be honest I was quite happy with the colder end of the temperature spectrum (I like to snuggle in to my bed but others were wearing coats under two blankets). I then medicated with chilled LPGS along with chatting to the crew in the galley to survive the warm spells so didn't make much of a fuss about this.

At the end of the flight however the CSD proactively collected email addresses from all passengers and logged the customer service case for us. Almost exactly a week later we have 10k avios each and a very apologetic email.

As others have noticed, customer relations do seem to be on a swing to the more generous - I heard the CSD mention to another passenger that new (presumably higher) compensation limits had been introduced recently

The crew were excellent throughout the flight and seemed honestly mortified about the heating behaviour - this dissipated any ill feeling in the cabin.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 12:40 am

Programs: BA Gold, AF Silver
Jan 18 from ABZ to LHR travelling in CE
During service my wife and I were told that only pre-ordered special meals had been loaded and that the toasties had not been loaded.
We were proactively offered 5000 Avios each which I though was great for a flight just over an hour long.
The purser that spoke to us asked if we had a connecting flight and I explained that we were just going to London for a few days and would be meeting up with my Aunt for her birthday so she also gave us 2 bottles of Bubbly to give to her.
Old Feb 25, 2018, 4:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
I succeded to rip my jeans on a screw in a CE seat some years ago, pointed out that it would be better for everyone if the screws were actually screwed in, for several reasons. Got a number to call from the cabin crew, called it, was asked if the crew had made a report of the incident. I had no clue, but was told to buy a new pair and send a copy of the receipt, and voila! All sorted. Used to fly SK a lot, but once I changed to BA, I have seldom had any issues.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 12:41 pm

Programs: BA GGL
SJO to LGW in paid WTP (03/2018)

One reading light above seat pair unable to be turned off on a 9.5 hour overnight flight = 2500 (for both passengers on booking)

Was told this was fixed per type of issue in that cabin. Should I bother fighting it, the level is paltry. The one silver lining is that I got a phone call rather than a pro-forma email.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 9:25 pm

According to one recent posting, not having a veg meal on board and having to suffer (but still accept) a regular meal is worth demanding 10,000 pts.
haroon145 likes this.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:23 pm

Programs: BA Executive club
DXB to LHR wife’s seat in FIRST would not recline. Awarded 140,000 Avios. Very happy for a daytime flight. And a bottle of the rose bubbly.
Old Mar 21, 2018, 10:28 pm

Originally Posted by settlenick
DXB to LHR wife’s seat in FIRST would not recline. Awarded 140,000 Avios. Very happy for a daytime flight. And a bottle of the rose bubbly.
wow, was that onboard by csd or customer relations? Very generous nonetheless
Old Mar 24, 2018, 10:55 pm

Originally Posted by haroon145

wow, was that onboard by csd or customer relations? Very generous nonetheless
Our flight was a redemption AMEX 241. On board offer after rejecting first offer of 5000 AVIOS.
Very happy with 140,000.
haroon145, cysyuen and Scallywag72 like this.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold

Our flight was a redemption AMEX 241. On board offer after rejecting first offer of 5000 AVIOS.
Very happy with 140,000.
^ Didn’t think such a level was even possible on board any more.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by Dambus

^ Didn’t think such a level was even possible on board any more.
The CSM went off after I rejected her first offer and spoke with CS Heathrow. She then came back with the better offer.
I think that they have released the brakes on service recovery.
TBH I swapped with my wife as it was a day flight I did not really mind sitting upright drinking LPGS and watching movies.
Great crew.
The next leg to MAN was a shambles with the worst crew ever.
Old Mar 25, 2018, 12:47 am

Programs: BA bronze, Aeroplan peon
On board offer after rejecting first offer of 5000 AVIOS.
Very happy with 140,000.
They went from 5,000 to 140,000?? That sure is a huge jump! I had no idea those sorts of numbers were handed out anymore.
haroon145 likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)

Very happy with 140,000.
That's massive. Top marks there.

For a totally non functional seat I'd accept the miles cost for a one way ticket in that cabin on that route, so I'd imagine something like 80k on LHR-DXB.
Old Mar 29, 2018, 5:56 am

I was offered the same. Not arrived yet so fingers crossed. I was very surprised, I hadn't asked for anything but had moved to an empty club seat. Appeared with IPad, asked me to type in email address and then said it was because I was getting 140,000 avios.

Gold- it was 1k - wonder if it is the same seat?
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:01 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)

Very happy with 140,000.
Wow! I suspect that was an error - perhaps the instruction was to offer you 14,000?!
Old Mar 29, 2018, 6:05 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Wow! I suspect that was an error - perhaps the instruction was to offer you 14,000?!
Mine was also an amex 2 for 1 and definitely 140,000.

How long do they take to post?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.