Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the most Avios you got from BA as compensation and for what?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the most Avios you got from BA as compensation and for what?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2016, 9:54 am

Had my first ever F trip last week - NYC and back for the weekend with the wife.

On the way out the headphones weren't 100% clear but to be honest I only used them for 20mins.

BA coughed up about 10% of the redemption cost which I thought was spot on really - just meant I got back to dining with the wife instead!
Wonderful first experience and I've got enough to go west coast next time...perhaps an A380 if I can find availability.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 11:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold
So this is the response I got, asking for more than 12.5k for my broken CW foot stool

"Although I appreciate that this experience wasn't a pleasant one, I'm afraid we can't offer you any further compensation. I hope you’ll understand we have to be consistent so we’re fair to all of our customers. This means we can’t make an exception this time and I’m so sorry to let you down."

Either there has been a recent policy change, or this is their standard reply. Either way I think it is outrageous to offer more for a broken IFE in economy than for an integral part of the CW product. Any suggestions of his to proceed?
Old Jun 9, 2016, 3:01 am

Programs: BA, A3, Hilton, IHG
3000 avios (twice) as a bronze for non working IFE on the LCA route
Old Jun 9, 2016, 3:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, ITA Club Executive, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Tdgraves
So this is the response I got, asking for more than 12.5k for my broken CW foot stool

"Although I appreciate that this experience wasn't a pleasant one, I'm afraid we can't offer you any further compensation. I hope you’ll understand we have to be consistent so we’re fair to all of our customers. This means we can’t make an exception this time and I’m so sorry to let you down."

Either there has been a recent policy change, or this is their standard reply. Either way I think it is outrageous to offer more for a broken IFE in economy than for an integral part of the CW product. Any suggestions of his to proceed?
Why don't you give them a call instead of emailing?
Old Jun 9, 2016, 3:10 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold

I think they have lowered their avios amounts recently across the board, however did you point out to them that the broken footstool meant you did not have a flat CW bed?
Old Jun 9, 2016, 3:27 am

Cw foot stool broken

Originally Posted by Gomac
I think they have lowered their avios amounts recently across the board, however did you point out to them that the broken footstool meant you did not have a flat CW bed?
Thanks all. Yes I did point this out, but emails are all handled in India, aren't they? I'll phone the uk call centre on our return (and let you all know how I get on...)
Old Jun 9, 2016, 3:46 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
...recently got 5K Avios for no champagne loaded in CE.

Called them up after the standard "sorry" email.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:52 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
15000 avios for no cooked breakfast on TATL. They initially indicated that they had catering problems at MIA and tried to fob me off.
I persisted and pointed out it was advertised as CW option, but not even on menu and asked for escalation of complaint.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 7:54 am

Programs: AVIOS
I wonder if people may be able to advise or point in the right direction to a relevant thread.

My fiancé recently flew from London to the Dominican republic. She is female, in her mid thirties and was flying on her own.

When she got on the flight she realised that she was sat amongst a large group who knew one another. This group were loud and generally obnoxious, drinking their own duty free as well as being pandered to by the crew in order to try and keep their disruption to a minimum. Members of the group were found smoking in the toilets and yet nothing was done.

As well as feeling threatened and having food thrown at her, she received very little protection from the cabin crew. It was only after insisting on being moved a second time was she given a different seat. They had not wanted to give her the seat as it had extra leg room. The crew had moved the couple sitting next to her and all this did was allow the group to spill over onto the neighbouring seats.

There was no delay, she completed the flight, but in no way did she receive the level of service one might expect from BA. She was scared throughout the flight and is genuinely worried about getting on a flight again on her own next week.

She has written to customer services twice since the flight and although they have accepted the ordeal must have been upsetting, they are not willing to offer any compensation by way of Avios or otherwise.

Is this standard practise? Advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Old Jun 9, 2016, 8:33 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ, BA CCR GGL
Originally Posted by Benthemonk
I wonder if people may be able to advise or point in the right direction to a relevant thread.

My fiancé recently flew from London to the Dominican republic. She is female, in her mid thirties and was flying on her own.
Pleased the operation went well for her
Old Jun 9, 2016, 8:38 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by Benthemonk

When she got on the flight she realised that she was sat amongst a large group who knew one another. This group were loud and generally obnoxious, drinking their own duty free as well as being pandered to by the crew in order to try and keep their disruption to a minimum. Members of the group were found smoking in the toilets and yet nothing was done.

As well as feeling threatened and having food thrown at her, she received very little protection from the cabin crew. It was only after insisting on being moved a second time was she given a different seat. They had not wanted to give her the seat as it had extra leg room. The crew had moved the couple sitting next to her and all this did was allow the group to spill over onto the neighbouring seats.

There was no delay, she completed the flight, but in no way did she receive the level of service one might expect from BA. She was scared throughout the flight and is genuinely worried about getting on a flight again on her own next week.

She has written to customer services twice since the flight and although they have accepted the ordeal must have been upsetting, they are not willing to offer any compensation by way of Avios or otherwise.

Is this standard practise? Advice would be appreciated.

Many thanks
Hello Benthemonk and welcome to Flyertalk and the BA board although it's a pity that the unfortunate circumstances you quote above have prompted your first post. We hope you stick around.

It sounds like a really dreadful situation and I would suggest you try to find some method to escalate the complaint. I'm not sure that Avios compensation is the answer but if I were her I would look for some reassurance from BA that this kind of inconsiderate and threatening behavior will not be tolerated on board in future.

I'm not too sure where she should go from here and it will be interesting to see how others respond.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 8:43 am

Hmm...smoking in the toilet?
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:03 am

CW foot stool broken

Thanks all. Yes I did point this out, but emails are all handled in India, aren't they? I'll phone the uk call centre on our return (and let you all know how I get on...)
So I've just spoken to the call centre in Newcastle. Apparently broken seat in CW = 10000 broken foot stool = 5000, so no increase in the 12500 I have already received, but he couldn't explain why I had got that amount

I think this is pretty poor
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:21 am

Originally Posted by ringingup
Why don't you give them a call instead of emailing?
Doing your username good justice, there
Old Aug 6, 2016, 4:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I was wondering, is there any point in complaining about a 3-year old (not mine) crying for half of our journey JFK-LHR in F cabin (overnight flight). Sometimes I wish I brought the proper noise-cancelling BOSE earphones, as I could not sleep with the headphones supplied by BA (they are big and do not block the noise very well...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.