Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the most Avios you got from BA as compensation and for what?

What's the most Avios you got from BA as compensation and for what?

Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:48 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by Raffles
Quite a few Ft'ers have actually sued BA over the years rather than be palmed off with Avios. BA always settles before it goes to court, but you need to sign a confidentiality agreement which is why the details never appear. People are never unhappy with their settlement, though.
Indeed

BAH
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by HIDDY
Although not always obvious bragging is quite common on this forum.
I demand compensation from HIDDY for posting a broken link

(I fixed in the above quote by the way)

Last edited by PanGalactic; Feb 7, 2012 at 10:24 am
Old Feb 7, 2012, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
And, to clarify, every FTer I know who has sued BA had a watertight case and was the recipient of a truly pathetic attempt to leg them over by BA.

The biggest one was when BA used 1- class planes during a strike, chartered in, and refused to pay compensation to CE pax who were downgraded. This was on the basis that downgrade compo is based on what you paid less the FULLY FLEX fare for the cabin you are downgraded to, so someone on an I class CE who got put in Y was due nothing. I believe the courts took a rather more flexible view ....
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Being a trivial traveller in comparison to many of you ...
  • Complained twice, received nothing.
  • Budgied around enormously during "The Great ash/strikes Chaos", got rescheduled on numerous occasions, eventually got there and back, said nothing ... and somehow we were given full CW TPs/Miles [remember them?] for the MFU from WT+.

I guess I just don't get into this "compensation culture" thing.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:22 am

Twice I have had 20,000 for a non-working AVOD in F. I think this is a standard level of compensation. If I remember, the alternative was 100 of stuff from the on-board catalogue. I like this as the AVOD is not terribly important to me other than the moving map which I can live without!

Many years ago, well before my FT period, I wrote to the chairman of BA about space in Y and received a response from his office personally and a nice real letter about my complaint. It made me feel that someone had taken note of my comments.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:22 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
I demand compensation from HIDDY for posting a broken link
Typical Flyertalker attitude....

Couldn't fix it so I left it out.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:28 am

Programs: BA Silver, several other less interesting cards...
I want to complain about BA giving me nothing to complain about for quite a long time now
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:30 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by srbrenna
I want to complain about BA giving me nothing to complain about for quite a long time now
I think you get between 5 and 20K Avios for that, depending on which cabin the problem did not happen in.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 10:41 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
if you do a search for 'palm tree' going back a few years .....
Yup!

Also search Merry, KenHammer, Cairo, $10,000 cheque while you are at it.
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:07 am

Programs: BA silver
Yes its going to end in MY tears!!

Funny this post should appear today when I have just recieved an email from BA.
I flew back from Tampa last week in CW. During the flight I came out in a full blown cold and felt quite rough and couldnt sleep and guess what? my AVOD did not work. It was the one time I could have used it a lot as I wasnt sleeping!
Actually I didnt complain about it to anyone and to be honest I wouldnt . The cabin crew noticed it and tried to reset it twice but it wouldnt work. They asked for my EXEC details and filled out something on her Ipad.It was the crew who acted on it not me.
I had forgotten about all this until this am when a nice condescending email arrived from BA basically saying thank you for being a good girl and taking time to report it and they realise it was inconvienient for me having to move to another seat after I had picked this one as they know how important for me is my seat selection!! and they hoped I would fly BA again soon.
This email has really wound me up because if they were really sincere in their apology they may have taken time to notice that
I already have a further five return flights booked, I didnt make the complaint and I never moved seats. And, how do they know how I feel about seat selection??
To be honest the email was more upsetting than having no AVOD.
Can you see ive had a bad day today!!!
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
@ sarah ... that's one of the classic pitfalls of template responses: factual inaccuracy!!

So how many Avios did you get?
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:14 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by sarahuk
To be honest the email was more upsetting than having no AVOD.Can you see ive had a bad day today!!!
Goes to show that 'No good deed goes unpunished' !

BAH
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
The biggest one was when BA used 1- class planes during a strike, chartered in, and refused to pay compensation to CE pax who were downgraded. This was on the basis that downgrade compo is based on what you paid less the FULLY FLEX fare for the cabin you are downgraded to, so someone on an I class CE who got put in Y was due nothing. I believe the courts took a rather more flexible view ....
Exactly the same happened to me in the most recent strike (downgraded to Y on an Astraeus charter from CE). I got 4,000 miles compensation from memory. I rolled over too easily
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:23 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Received ?

Originally Posted by mrscregan
very interesting thread.

i would be interesting to see how many people have recieved avios following a genuine complaint.

Zero Nada Nothing Rien Shunya

Me thinks BA counts a failed AVOD as more serious than a total breakdown of their services and personnel !
Old Feb 7, 2012, 11:45 am

Programs: BA silver
Originally Posted by T8191
@ sarah ... that's one of the classic pitfalls of template responses: factual inaccuracy!!

So how many Avios did you get?
NONE im not important enough!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.