Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

What's the most Avios you got from BA as compensation and for what?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the most Avios you got from BA as compensation and for what?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2016, 7:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: LH HON, BA GGL, AF Plat, EK Plat
I was very surprised to see I got 10k for running out of champagne on my RAK flight. The surprise comes from the fact that I wrote to them that the catering and supplies should be improved, not even asking for any compensation. On the other hand my actual complaint about LGW lounge got no compensation despite 3 emails exchanged... Go figure!
Old Mar 7, 2016, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GMLFL, Life 2.0 - Mucci Premiere Classe & des Chevaliers Toulousiens
Originally Posted by EMPS
A rather large ZERO avios (a bunch of flowers would have been fine as recognition that they actually care....) for written complaint to customer relations re journey SFO to LHR in January.
Despite the silly referral I can only assume that you complained multiple times about something that is not worthy of either an apology or compensation.

I read it as a polite 'bugger off'...
Old Mar 13, 2016, 7:35 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Long time ago as a lowly Blue I got 10000 avios for not being able to use the lounge at T1 when flying business LHR-WAW... I could not use the lounge, because it took me 45 minutes to queue for the premium check-in at T1 - there was just one desk open.

That was in fact my first ever flight in Club Europe
Old Mar 14, 2016, 4:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
Best was 50,000 (I think... possibly more) each for not cancelling a Christmas seattle flight during the proposed strikes.. to be fair, it was a pretty crap time not knowing if we could fly or not, and as it was a reward booking (booked a year in advance) we really had no choice but to keep our fingers crossed given the price of a last minute seat
Old Mar 14, 2016, 6:24 am

Programs: CX Gold, SPG Plat, PC Plat, TAP Gold
One trip netted us 230k - and it was an award redemption.

Outbound:
40k each when BA had a shared lounge in T4 for F and J passengers.
50k for broken seat in F.

Inbound:
50k each for a downgrade from F to CW at check in returning from JFK. The irony being we were both Op-upped at the gate back into F!

I was blue at the time.
Old Mar 14, 2016, 8:00 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by oyster
One trip netted us 230k - and it was an award redemption.

Outbound:
40k each when BA had a shared lounge in T4 for F and J passengers.
50k for broken seat in F.
You got Avios for a shared lounge? By that basis anyone travelling F at LGW could also try for the same given there is currently only 1 lounge?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:44 am
formerly rxfleming

Programs: BA GGL, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat Elite
18,000 Avios for no divider screen being up on a CE LHR-BUD flight, and having Y passengers standing around the aisle/my face queuing for the toilet while I sat in 1D.

The return sector was superb though, fantastic crew, and a well done sent in to balance out the KARMA.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 1:56 am

Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
8000 Avios for poor ground handling at JFK when there were weather delays. Also no catering or baggage loaded on flight. I appreciated getting home eventually but it could have been handled a lot better at JFK.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 6:21 am
formerly rxfleming

Originally Posted by chistery
8000 Avios for poor ground handling at JFK when there were weather delays. Also no catering or baggage loaded on flight. I appreciated getting home eventually but it could have been handled a lot better at JFK.
No catering on the flight, at all? Was this JFK-LHR?
Old Apr 14, 2016, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by rxfleming
No catering on the flight, at all? Was this JFK-LHR?
Yes, the day flight back from JFK. The lounge breakfast isn't exactly filling. We were told to buy food and send in receipts. I didn't bother claiming for that.

The only food and drink we had in CW were a few snacks the crew found from the outbound flight.

As I said in my email to BA, I appreciated them doing what they did to get us back though a lot of people weren't happy about the bags. The app and departure boards weren't being updated, the gate screens went blank and there wasn't much information being given out.
Old Apr 14, 2016, 2:48 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by nufnuf77
I was very surprised to see I got 10k for running out of champagne on my RAK flight. The surprise comes from the fact that I wrote to them that the catering and supplies should be improved, not even asking for any compensation. On the other hand my actual complaint about LGW lounge got no compensation despite 3 emails exchanged... Go figure!
Hah! I got only 5k for the same issue on a TFS flight! How does that work?!
Old Apr 15, 2016, 4:13 am
formerly rxfleming

Originally Posted by chistery
Yes, the day flight back from JFK. The lounge breakfast isn't exactly filling. We were told to buy food and send in receipts. I didn't bother claiming for that.
Well, in that case 8,000 avios is very poor. I'd be pushing for more.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 4:40 am

Originally Posted by rxfleming
Well, in that case 8,000 avios is very poor. I'd be pushing for more.
I agree, but it was booked via AA.com so I wondered if I was lucky to get anything.
Old Apr 15, 2016, 5:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
It's good to hear that they're still handing Avios out. Not as liberally in the past though!

I wrote about the temperature in F DOH-LHR and got a standard letter back. That's about it - the vast majority of my epistles have been about good things.
Old Apr 29, 2016, 7:25 am

Programs: HH D,CC,SPG,AZ: Gold;BA Silver, TK Elite
We got some issues on a ET ORY-LHR travelling with infant:
->Seatbelt and life jacket for INF had to be requested twice, apparently infant did not appear on manifest (that was pre Altea FLY migration)
->Pram not delivered at Aircraft door at LHR, had to wait 20 minutes at the bridge station to get it, crew came out of the plane, one looked for it on the tarmac and couldn't get a hold of the handlers.
->Prio bags delivered last

I didn't look for compensation, just asked if they could check what went wrong and ensure this should not reproduce for other pax
Wife and I got 10K avios each, not bad considering this was a O/W redemption tix

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.