AA class "O"

Old Feb 6, 2012, 11:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I wouldn't call AA since they have no information on what the eligability is for accrual to other schemes
To try and find out, need to call BA

I would say that since the eligability table omits O , then I would expect to earn zero and anything beyond that is a bonus

Last edited by Dave Noble; Feb 6, 2012 at 11:50 am
Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/LTP, BA GGL/CCR/GfL, HH D/LTD, SPG/MR Plat/LTP
Originally Posted by irishbcn
I can't call AA as there is a 3x on the ticket. I feel stupid that I didn't investigate this better!
Originally Posted by stifle
[stupid] What's a 3X?[/stupid]
Also wandering about the 3X - are there three travellers?
Did you call AA about a higher ticket class? When booking discounted economy, I always do it, although in Aadvantage it's for EQM and EQP's. Looks as BA/AA harmonized accruing EQM w/ Avios and EQP w/ TP's

Two years ago, the difference between a BRU-ORD-MIA-EZE-DFW-ORD-BRU ticket in Q/Q/O/O/L/L class was only 87 lower than K/K/W/W/L/L, meaning a real difference in both EQM and EQP.

Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:20 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Originally Posted by Dave Noble
I wouldn't call AA since they have no information on what the eligability is for accrual to other schemes
To try and find out, need to call BA

I would say that since the eligability table omits O , then I would expect to earn zero and anything beyond that is a bonus
Exactly. It's a non earner WRT the Exec Club. Period. Frustrating but that's the way it is.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

However I'm sure the saving on the YQ will assuage some of the pain.
Old Feb 6, 2012, 12:54 pm
Original Poster

Not really! Is there a competition for the world's worst mileage run?
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:44 pm

You could always ask in:

Mileage Run Discussion

Let us know how you get on, should any miles/TPs post.

Palmer
Old Feb 6, 2012, 2:50 pm
Original Poster

That was a joke but one of the driving forces for the trip was the need to get tier points to keep my status with BA. Oh well!

Last edited by irishbcn; Feb 6, 2012 at 3:01 pm
Old Feb 6, 2012, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by irishbcn
That was a joke but one of the driving forces for the trip was the need to get tier points to keep my status with BA. Oh well!
Sorry for the misunderstanding, I mean ask your original question regarding 'O class' in that forum. You'll find all the mileage junkies over there. There's even a YQ dumping thread.

Palmer
Old Feb 6, 2012, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by samangh
According to http://cwsi.net/aa.htm, "O" class is not eligible for tier points. But you should receive 100% Avios mileage.
That page is a fantastic resource. Do you (or anyone else) know of a similar page for BA?

rb211.
Old Mar 26, 2012, 3:27 am
Original Poster

The mileage accrual table for AA has been updated to include "O" for Avios and Tier Points. No accrual between NA and LA though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.