Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avios bonus offer questions Shell / Tesco

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:11 am
Original Poster

Avios bonus offer questions Shell / Tesco

Thought this merited its own thread since Shell is a part of the promotion.
Have received an email from Avios offering 2,000 bonus miles per quarter for some minimum collection from Shell and Tesco. This prompts the following questions which it would be great if anyone can shed light on:

Is this an offer solely from Avios (ie ex Airmiles) rather than BA Executive Club Avios, so it needs to me my Avios (ex Airmiles) account that any transactions are linked to rather than my BA Exec Club Avios or does the promotion apply to both? If so I could theoretically double up as have not merged the two accounts?

The promotion seemingly implies that you can only earn these bonuses if you have not collected in the past twelve months so that would be ok for me and Tesco but not for Shell. If I were to set up a separate Avios account linked to a new Shell card would this then be eligible? It says that new accounts need to have earned one avios since Nov 16 2011 so is that ok for new accounts to be set up now or have I missed the boat?

Apologies for the complexity - Any pearls of wisdom from this esteemed board greatly appreciated!
Old Jan 27, 2012, 3:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
You convert twice, and get the bonus twice, if both your BAEC and avios.com accounts meet the criteria.

Not sure what the BAEC criteria are, but for avios.com the account must have been open at 1 Dec 2011, you must have collected 1 Avios between 1/12/10 and 1/12/11 and you must have done NO Tesco conversions through the account.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 4:15 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Was having a lie in today but got woken up by a "BING" from the Shell iPhone app telling me to check my email
NOW
to find out how to earn 50, yes 50 extra points.

Checked my email, and nothing.

Anyone have an idea what that was about?

Grrrrrr
Old Jan 27, 2012, 4:53 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
ok found it

When i opened the app i saw i had an offer, 50 bonus points for filling up minimum 30 liters between 27/01 and 19/02, click here to activate.

I clicked and now says the offer is active, yay!

No paper voucher just swipe card as normal.

I better start planning the F trip to syd now
Old Jan 27, 2012, 5:21 am

I am sure this has already been answered somewhere! I was wondering if there is a way to find out if you are eligible for these 'new partner' offers?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by Raffles
You convert twice, and get the bonus twice, if both your BAEC and avios.com accounts meet the criteria.

Not sure what the BAEC criteria are, but for avios.com the account must have been open at 1 Dec 2011, you must have collected 1 Avios between 1/12/10 and 1/12/11 and you must have done NO Tesco conversions through the account.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't think it was possible to choose BA Exec Club as a selected reward with Shell any more - it was a legacy partner. Or has this changed? I've logged into my Shell account and can't change my reward, and have it in the back of my mind that last time I spoke to the service centre about this I got the message that if I changed away from BA, I wouldn't be able to go back. So there is a risk in the above strategy.

Using an existing second card would be the better way to go, given that there needs to be time to accrue Shell points then account for them before transfer.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 6:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by trickster
I've logged into my Shell account and can't change my reward

BAEC is still there ^
Old Jan 27, 2012, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by trickster
Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't think it was possible to choose BA Exec Club as a selected reward with Shell any more - it was a legacy partner. Or has this changed? I've logged into my Shell account and can't change my reward ...
Just had a look on my account. If you go to the section for changing your personal details, there's a link on the left for modify your chosen reward. Then there's a drop down list, on which BAEC is the last choice (and Avios the first).
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by pazza2000
I am sure this has already been answered somewhere! I was wondering if there is a way to find out if you are eligible for these 'new partner' offers?
Under my account on Avios.com it shows you a tick for each method once you have collected, is that what you meant?
Old Jan 27, 2012, 11:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
When i opened the app i saw i had an offer, 50 bonus points for filling up minimum 30 liters between 27/01 and 19/02, click here to activate.

I clicked and now says the offer is active, yay!

No paper voucher just swipe card as normal.

I better start planning the F trip to syd now
So, I went and put my 30 liters of shell today after activating the offer.

I just wanted to mention that when I installed the app for Mrs P, who has done pretty much the same Shell spend as I have and she did not have the offer coming up.

I think you had to have already downloaded the app and accepted push notifications in order to get it.

Just thought I'd let everyone know you should download it just incase shell comes up with a more lucrative offer in the future.
Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:14 pm

Can anyone tell me if the bonus offer for 30 litre min fill is in one transaction or over the period of the offer?
Old Mar 24, 2012, 3:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by Thommo83
Can anyone tell me if the bonus offer for 30 litre min fill is in one transaction or over the period of the offer?

Single fill from memory

cs

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.