Birthday adventures with BA...

Old Jan 26, 2012, 6:00 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Birthday adventures with BA...

Having just turned another page in the book of BotB life...

I am very tempted to do a spontaneous BA booking to anywhere within a few hours distance today and explore a new city/country as a true last minute way to spoil myself...

It has got me thinking...what trips have you done on/with BA for your birthday (either planned or last minute) as part of some (mid life FT crisis management) birthday celebrations?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 6:05 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by BotB
Having just turned another page in the book of BotB life...

I am very tempted to do a spontaneous BA booking to anywhere within a few hours distance today and explore a new city/country as a true last minute way to spoil myself...

It has got me thinking...what trips have you done on/with BA for your birthday (either planned or last minute) as part of some (mid life FT crisis management) birthday celebrations?
where do you live ?

cs
Old Jan 26, 2012, 6:10 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad Plat
Bristol
Old Jan 26, 2012, 6:13 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by BotB
Bristol
Well yes that does count as Northern Europe !!

Do you speak anything other than English ? and have you visited all of the UK ? something like JER is lovely for a weekend break, and likewise the IOS, but obviously not able to get to that one on BA !

If English is your thing, how about GIB ?

cs
Old Jan 26, 2012, 6:57 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Nothing spontaneous, although fate had me choosing a flight on my birthday due to MFU availability. It was also the subject of my first ever trip report.
I celebrated with a large glass of Champagne in Galleries South:

Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by matthandy
Nothing spontaneous, although fate had me choosing a flight on my birthday due to MFU availability. It was also the subject of my first ever trip report.
I celebrated with a large glass of Champagne in Galleries South:

Should have treated yourself to a MacBookPro too
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:18 pm

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Should have treated yourself to a MacBookPro too
Heh. Well, unfortunately work weren't handing those out to us at the time!
Old Jan 26, 2012, 11:21 pm

lux-yyz for my birthday last year. Shame I spent most of the weekend tucked up in bed with a chest infection, but can confirm a least that Canadian health system is ok

Not to worry, since I have just been assigned to a short term project in yyz, so will spendmybirthday there again this year as part of an eight week stay
Old Jan 27, 2012, 2:26 am

I have done a few last minute weekend trip which I recommend. For short flight for example GVA, CPH (can also visit Sweden) and then of course the Mediterranean cities are nice.

For longer flight with might require some planning if you want to get the most out of it I would recommend IST.

I am going for a city/skiing short break for my upcoming bday. However thought one day of going to the aiport and go online and just book a flight with my miles.
Old Jan 27, 2012, 7:11 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS, LH, Sixt Platinum
My birthday is coming up in 3 weeks, and spontaneously decided to go to AMS with 7 friends over the weekend!
Unfortunately I’m the only pax with status - so no lounge for us, unless I can gather 6 friendly FT's to let us in T5 Club Galleries?(17th Feb around 12:30pm?)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.