The Club

Old Jan 26, 2012, 5:56 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

The Club

Hi all

Just a quick one to let you know that the latest edition of The Club has gone live today. The link is:

www.ba.com/clubmag

Please continue to let us know your feedback on The Club.

Warm regards

Nicci

Last edited by BA Executive Club; Jan 26, 2012 at 6:05 am Reason: URL change
Old Jan 26, 2012, 6:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Hello Nicci, is this the FIRST edition or latest? I have never seen it before. Pretty impressive.

BUT... and there is always a BUT, when I first clicked in I did North America, now it takes me there and doesn't allow me to explore other regions. Am I doing something wrong?
Old Jan 26, 2012, 6:18 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
This will sound cold, but I mean it with the utmost sincerity.

I'd prefer it if BA did less marketing schmultz like this and instead invested their money into building a better airline.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 6:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Hello Nicci, is this the FIRST edition or latest? I have never seen it before. Pretty impressive.

BUT... and there is always a BUT, when I first clicked in I did North America, now it takes me there and doesn't allow me to explore other regions. Am I doing something wrong?
It doesn't seem to make any difference, perhaps it's just to collect some statistics about where people are from.

(you can swap out "am" for "uki" in the URL, if you want).
Old Jan 26, 2012, 6:21 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, LH M&M Member
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
Second edition.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
It's nice !

Perhaps HIDDY should give you a score out of ten for the time-poor guide to Buenos Aires
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton honors Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by opalfruit
This will sound cold, but I mean it with the utmost sincerity.

I'd prefer it if BA did less marketing schmultz like this and instead invested their money into building a better airline.
But BA are investing lots of money into building a better airline. You have to communicate these changes and this newsletter is an excellent way to do that.

I like it. It's well designed and contains some interesting articles.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:14 am

Programs: BA Gold....er now Silver...er now Bronze....er now Blue
It's an interesting read, and congrats on your 500 post Nicci.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, BMI, ANA, HH Blue, SPG Gold
Also my issue, but a good read and very informative as well as being a good PR tool for BA.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:25 am

Programs: BA, LH, VS, Hyatt, SPG
Nicci, After selecting language (English) and region (UK), I received a 404 page not found message.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:31 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Do you appear in this edition as well as the Highlife this month?

Edit: I see you do!!

Last edited by antichef; Jan 26, 2012 at 7:35 am Reason: Now read it...
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:44 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by BA Executive Club
Hi all

Just a quick one to let you know that the latest edition of The Club has gone live today. The link is:

www.ba.com/clubmag

Warm regards

Nicci
Nicci, I'm sure you and you team are looking into this, but an iPad version of this would be great (have you seen iBook Author?).

You could load it onto the iPad's given to F customers, but also let others download it via iBooks - I'd certainly read it while travelling.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:59 am

Programs: BA gold
Originally Posted by jaylon
But BA are investing lots of money into building a better airline. You have to communicate these changes and this newsletter is an excellent way to do that. .
I agree, I found out about some improvements are underway in the next year for a particular thing I wanted via an in-the-know contact at BA and it would have been great if this was communicated via it's marketing channels.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 8:02 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, AS Gold MVP, IC RA, IHG Spire Elite, HH Diamond, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by jaylon
But BA are investing lots of money into building a better airline. You have to communicate these changes and this newsletter is an excellent way to do that.
I'd prefer they spent a few grand on hiring some good developers that can fix - off the top of my head (issues that have personally annoyed me in the last couple of weeks) - the reward flight checker, the ability to MFU/UUA TA bookings and the ability to book reward flights on IB metal via ba.com, than some fluffy websites about the rebrand of the Executive Club, IMHO.

It's just a general trend these days - companies are so concerned about providing information and literature about how they treat customers so well that they kinda forget to actually do the whole 'treating customers well' part.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, HH Silver, FB pleb, BMI pleb,
Originally Posted by ian001
Nicci, After selecting language (English) and region (UK), I received a 404 page not found message.
it does the same to me. and it still does it when I try to access it from the EC homepage.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.