Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Galleries First (Flounge): Dining menu and food options

Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:21 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer

Updated 16 October 2012.
Last week the Galleries First Lounge (Flounge) menu in LHR T5 and T3 were changed. This replaces the previous menus of 2012 (17 July, 12 April and 20 January). So they are changing the menu every 3 months. Some elements of this menu are also available in the Concorde Room (CCR). Items from this menu are ordered from the lounge staff and brought to your seat - and there are self service options too (see below). There are other food options in the other lounges (e.g. ice cream in Galleries Club South, egg Benedict and Pre-Flight Dinner in CCR). There's a different menu - which varies enormously by location - for pre flight Sleeper services in CW.

Flounge menu – entered service 10 October 2012.

Breakfast (unchanged from previous menus)
Please help yourself
For your convenience, there is a self-service buffet available for breakfast, including freshly grilled bacon, buttery scrambled eggs, Cumberland pork sausages, grilled tomatoes, and farmhouse toast.

Brought to your table Please order via one of our lounge hosts:

Traditional porridge oats served with honey and cinnamon
Cured kippers served with poached egg
Great British bacon buttie with HP sauce
Classic breakfast sandwich with grilled back bacon and fried egg on toasted wholemeal bloomer
Boiled eggs with toasted Marmite soldiers
Seasonal fruit compote, granola and yoghurt

Hot Drinks
Barista-style coffee, premium tea selection and hot chocolate

The Refreshers
Fresh squeezes of the day, mineral waters and soft drinks
Rest of the Day noon to close
Please help yourself
For your convenience, there is a self-service buffet available, serving a selection of fresh salads, hot dishes and indulgent treats.

Brought to your table Please order via one of our lounge hosts:

Light dishes
Pan fried courgette and red onion short pastry tart, sweet basil and cream brie with pumpkin seeds on Secretts Farm leaf salad. Vegetarian.

Pork and prawn wonton broth with spring onions, pak choi and chestnut mushrooms; OR Vegetable wonton broth with spring onions, pak choi and chestnut mushrooms.

Garden salad with English cox apple cider and camembert fondue dressing. Vegetarian.

Main Course

Caesar salad with baby gem lettuce, focaccia croutons, anchovies, Caesar dressing and smoked bacon, soft boiled free range egg.

Beef rendang curry, Thai jasmine rice, spiced crackers.

BA gourmet beef burger: Croxton Manor cheddar, potato wedges and garden salad.

Ricotta tortellini with wild mushrooms and parmesan. Vegetarian.
Dessert
Banoffee tart

Fruits: Selection of seasonal fruits.

Selection of cheese from the British Isles - Keens cheddar, Tunworth, Innes log, St James, served with fig, quince and apple chutney.
For the record, some previous menus are at the end of this post.

Here follows some photos of current and recent Flounge dishes.

This is the duck paninis and the courgette soup.

Here is a photo of the Meze (front), Gnocchi and the Neal's Yard cheese platter. The Gnocchi looks a reasonable size but it is very filling indeed:

Then there's the BA Burger, the feta cheese and artichoke salad (lots of pesto on it), and top left is the summer pudding. Note that the colour has not come out too well, the summer pudding is the colour of beetroot.

And here is the cheesecake, unfortunately it's not very big....

See also Prospero's photo of poached eggs in posting number 54 and Ltn_Phobia's rather different composition of the duck panini and salmon Caesar salad in posting 71 - this was from the Flounge in Terminal 3.

The self serve salad bar changes a fair bit, and is now served with a mix of salades composes and individual salad items.

Typical items on the salad bar include:
Sweet and sour chicken noodle salad
Green salad
Tzatziki
Beetroot cubes
Mixed Olives bowl
Spinach, olive and red pesto salad
The self serve hot bar menu changes frequently. Here is the offering on 23 Feb 2012:
Mild Sweet Potato and Vegetable Curry
Classic Chicken Korma
Boiled Rice
Slow Cooked Belly Pork
Creamy Mashed Potato
Cumberland Sausage
Meat (sic) Steak and Ale Pie
Ratatouille
The self serve hot menu options were changed in mid February 2012. Instead of individual meal bowls (e.g. sausage and mash together) there is now a more conventional buffet of individual items.

Another innovation are more curry side items, in this case nan breads, mini poppodums and mango chutney.

There is also an extended fresh fruit range and a new wicker display for them.

In the morning this hot bar has breakfast options (such as bacon, scrambled egg, toast)

Sometimes this rather camp tea trolley makes an appearance, with cup cakes, flapjacks and jam tarts:

Other food available in the lounge, in no particular order: kettle chips, Walkers biscuit and cake mini packs, chocolate mini muffins, fresh fruit, scones and cream and chocolate cake (until approx 6 pm), cheese and cheese biscuits, Kellogs cereal range, Weetabix, stewed and dried fruit, bread rolls. Sandwiches are also available at lunch and supper time.

Selected further reading:
Main BA Lounge database
First lounge T5 photos
Previous menu (Oct 2011 to Jan 2012 - post number 7).

For the record - previously in 2012 - opens in a new window.

Photo of April - July 2012 menu page 1
Photo of April - July 2012 menu page 2 (desserts)

Photo of Jan - April 2012 menu page 1
Photo of Jan - April 2012 menu page 2 (desserts)
Photo of Jan - Apr 2012 menu items: cheese, lemon tart and club salad
Photo of Jan - Feb 2012 self serve salad menu
Photo of Jan - Feb 2012 self serve hot plate menu
Photo of Jan - Feb 2012 self serve salad bar
Photo of Jan - Feb 2012 self serve hot plate menu

Posting update
24 Jan 2012 - Original post, first new menu of 2012
24 Feb 2012 - Update for new curry, salad bar and hot plate options
13 Apr 2012 - New April menu, second menu of 2012
17 Apr 2012 - Updated photos from April menu
05 May 2012 - New photos and minor text updates
07 May 2012 - New photos and cross-references to other photos
17 July 2012 - New July menu, third menu of 2012
16 Oct 2012 - New October menu, fourth menu of 2012.

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Oct 16, 2012 at 9:14 am Reason: See posting update
Old Jan 24, 2012, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Boo - they've got rid of the goats cheese and beetroot salad which was one of the few things I liked.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:19 pm

Programs: BA GfL, GGL/CCR
great thanks for that -very helpful !
Old Jan 24, 2012, 1:56 pm

Programs: Hilton Silver;Hertz Gold 5*;National Exec Elite;BA Bronze;AA-PLT
Was in T5 GF Sunday the 15th, and was pleased when they brought out a quite nice piece of fish ^ (trout, I think) and some chicken. Lots more edible than many of the offerings over the previous year, IMO.

I found the belly pork to be rather fatty, but well flavored in the lean parts, but it sure tasted like regular mash underneath

One has quite a chance to sample on a 5 hour turn
Old Jan 24, 2012, 2:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Excellent, thanks for posting ^
Old Jan 24, 2012, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT Plat, SPG Plat/LT Plat, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Plat, IHG Plat, MR Silver
Do they ever do the stand in the dining area with random additional items?

I remember going through there about a year ago and there was a server making fajitas to order. Haven't seen it since, at any time of day.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 3:32 pm

We would complain if the menu did not change and yet we also appear to complain when the menu does change ......... On a conservative estimate upwards of 2000 of us go through the FLounge every day. Can they please all of us?
Old Jan 24, 2012, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by troyb
Do they ever do the stand in the dining area with random additional items?

I remember going through there about a year ago and there was a server making fajitas to order. Haven't seen it since, at any time of day.
The butcher's block is still around, at least it was last month when I was there last. Nobody manning it though - just a sort of extra add-on to the buffet, located a little further towards the main lounge end of the Refectory area.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 3:34 pm

Lovely cheese and wine trolley recently. Also rather fun mulled wine before Christmas. Hope there will be more.
Old Jan 24, 2012, 3:39 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Cccharlie
We would complain if the menu did not change and yet we also appear to complain when the menu does change ......... On a conservative estimate upwards of 2000 of us go through the FLounge every day. Can they please all of us?
Impossible! It's just not possible to please everyone every time.

But I quite like the sound of the new menu. Pity I am mainly at F lounge in the morning now, as I don't get to enjoy the normal menu. I am not keen enough to do a F lounge food run though
Old Jan 24, 2012, 3:58 pm
Ambassador: Oneworld Alliance

Programs: BA Gold (GGL), Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, Marriott Gold
The Neal's Yard cheese board is still superb. If you order be sure to specify it by name - if you just say 'The Cheese' you may get a selection from the buffet.
Old Jan 25, 2012, 1:43 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by squeeler
The Neal's Yard cheese board is still superb. If you order be sure to specify it by name - if you just say 'The Cheese' you may get a selection from the buffet.
I noticed the changes to the Menu on Monday.

One thing I did notice, is that the cheeze listing under 'deserts', no longer mentions Neal's Yard.

bjorns
Old Jan 25, 2012, 2:03 am

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by bjorns
I noticed the changes to the Menu on Monday.

One thing I did notice, is that the cheeze listing under 'deserts', no longer mentions Neal's Yard.

bjorns
Although it does mention Neal's Yard on the dessert menu page of the OP??

tb
Old Jan 25, 2012, 3:13 am

Location: 15 minutes west of LHR, Stockholm, or somewhere inbetween.
Programs: BAEC Gold GGL, CCR, GfL, Mucci des Recherches des Consommations Exotiques.
Originally Posted by trueblu
Although it does mention Neal's Yard on the dessert menu page of the OP??

tb
Aah, maybe my mistake then.

I didn't notice the line above the cheeze description on Monday.

bjorns
Old Jan 25, 2012, 6:20 am

Programs: Mucci Grandee (Upgraded), BA Silver, AZ MilleMiglia
T5 GF: Where was the black pudding on Monday at breakfast time?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.