Wiki Posts
Search

Perhaps BA should be allowed to fail?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, BAEC Silver, Thai Silver, Bangkok Air, Krisflyer Blue
Nope just a normal British male!
Old Jan 21, 2012, 7:46 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by OxonCantab
Does anyone have specifics of BA vis-a-vis IAG? What is the ownership structure like?

This is getting back to my earlier point that BA failed because it's no longer an airline, just a brand and simultaneously, BA has succeeded because it's brand is the one that's survived (no one's hearing of British Caledonian lately, right?)
Well I think we are still a seperate airline but are just not a plc anymore as we are owned by IAG, who also own Iberia and also look like, they are interested in buying other airlines too.
We still have our own CEO! Keith Williams who is on the board of IAG too, I believe and used to be the Finance director of BA. Our ultimate boss is still Willie Walsh as he is the CEO of our parent company IAG. However on a day to day basis, Keith Williams is our boss.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 7:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OxonCantab
Does anyone have specifics of BA vis-a-vis IAG? What is the ownership structure like?
The ownership of BA is actually very complicated as it still needs to be a UK firm and Iberia needs to be in Spain.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: **Mucci Diamond Hairbrush** - compared to that nothing else matters (+BA Bronze)
Originally Posted by Yahillwe
You must be female... this is every hetro male fantasy. Don't rob them out of it.
Without wanting to go a bit OT I have had equally good Male and Female crew on board my flights and if they're competent I don't care what sex they are. I've had two outstanding F crew members one male one female and I have had no desires either way for either of them although they were both good looking.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 10:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG & Accor Plat...
Originally Posted by EK029
We may have become accustomed to it, but standards at BA are appalling. I consider if a good meal if I 1) have been able to stomach the inflight meal and 2) haven't thrown up as a result of it.
In the first 6 months of the current membership year I clocked up 1200 TP's on BA metal without throwing up once.

Clearly something is wrong here. Where do I go for compensation ?
Old Jan 21, 2012, 4:29 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by LostAntipod

Clearly something is wrong here. Where do I go for compensation ?
For the lack of food-born illnesses, ummm... let me think.

I haven't had a single case of food poisoning on board an aeroplane yet. I suspect it's so highly controlled and highly cooked to death that no self-respecting food-born bacteria would like to survive in it.

This evening's CE meal was pretty nice, and there were lots of it too. Wasn't impressed with the T3 bus, but that's a different matter entirely.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by EK029
Please calm down. I have been busy over the last few days and will respond to these questions soon (Saturday)
25 mins until Saturday ends. Come back soon.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 4:37 pm

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by Swanhunter
25 mins until Saturday ends. Come back soon.
He's probably flown somewhere with a huge time difference. On EK.

BAH
Old Jan 21, 2012, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Delices Exotiques,Order of the Platinum Hairbrush,Her Royal Diamond
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
The only comment that will suffice for me is to say is how observant you are. There are no smilies of fluttering eyelids but as I have had a sense of humour failure here of late - I am considering making an award. But not here I think.
Ma Belle do award him one of your honors... we have missed you finness. And He is really deserving of one... please do.

And I do miss you being around.

And Madame. I am going to keep bumping this idiot thread until you honor him with one...

Lady Phobia, you know my love of cats, not that I don't appreciate other animals, but I do love the intelligence of the felines.
Old Jan 21, 2012, 8:47 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
For the lack of food-born illnesses, ummm... let me think.

I haven't had a single case of food poisoning on board an aeroplane yet. I suspect it's so highly controlled and highly cooked to death that no self-respecting food-born bacteria would like to survive in it.

This evening's CE meal was pretty nice, and there were lots of it too. Wasn't impressed with the T3 bus, but that's a different matter entirely.
I once threw up in CW from food poisoning, but the timing (about 2-3 hrs into the flight) meant I almost certainly contracted the offending toxins prior to boarding...might have been the lounge food or something else entirely ...but it was over pretty quickly.

tb
Old Jan 21, 2012, 8:50 pm

Programs: BA - Blue
Lady Phobia, you know my love of cats, not that I don't appreciate other animals, but I do love the intelligence of the felines.
I don't want to drive this thread way OT (although other than the coup de grace it would be the only mercy it deserves), and I have to declare that I am very slightly allergic to cat dander....but there is almost no objective evidence that cats are more intelligent than dogs, say, and a reasonable amount to the contrary.

Oh dear...what have I started?

tb
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by trueblu
I don't want to drive this thread way OT (although other than the coup de grace it would be the only mercy it deserves), and I have to declare that I am very slightly allergic to cat dander....but there is almost no objective evidence that cats are more intelligent than dogs, say, and a reasonable amount to the contrary.
I think dogs are more loyalty-based, whereas cats do what they want. That's probably why I like cats more because they are often unpredictable.

I am not sure what that tells me about airline loyalty - probably that I am not very loyal, certainly not for the sake of being loyal. I have my 'likes' and 'dislikes'. Actually, I have just realised that some people may say that I like BA because the service is unpredictable?! I don't find it to be unpredictable (usually pretty good), but it seems that many find it that way.

P.S. I like the fact that you know it's dander and not the hair that cats (usually, at least) cause people allergies - not a huge proportion of the population seem to know this.

Yahillwe - I love cats too. I think they're great. But I often prefer them awake than asleep because they are funnier when they are awake.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:38 am

... And He is really deserving of one....
Your sponsorship is of course very kind, but I must point out that I am not a deity, but just some middle aged grump, and therefore the capitalisation is really not necessary.
Old Jan 22, 2012, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by ColdWalker
Your sponsorship is of course very kind, but I must point out that I am not a deity, but just some middle aged grump, and therefore the capitalisation is really not necessary.
I wouldn't have considered you to be a grump. As for middle aged, it's impossible for me to say from most people's post, so I have no idea
Old Jan 22, 2012, 1:40 am

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
I wouldn't have considered you to be a grump.
"Am I not a man? And is a man not stupid? I'm a man, so I married. Wife, children, house, everything. The full catastrophe." (Alexis Zorba). Of course I'm grumpy - I have no choice!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.