Food deteriorating in CE

Old Jan 18, 12, 6:07 am
Original Poster

Food deteriorating in CE

Now i know this is not just me, as i had it confirmed by BA crew. The food has been going downhill in CE over the last month over the band 2/3s... Has anyone else noticed this? Still love the rocky biscuits though.
Old Jan 18, 12, 6:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC: Silver - Marriott: Titanium
I would state the opposite in my opinion.

I think that the hot meals on the Band 3 flights have improved a lot and the quality of the ingredients is higher than it was. Also, the meals on the Band 2 flights, although not as much variety as previously, the quality of the food is better than it was.
Old Jan 18, 12, 6:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I never had a rocky biscuit in CE.

From my experience, I haven't noticed any difference in the catering whatsoever.
Old Jan 18, 12, 6:13 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Abstract1 View Post
Now i know this is not just me, as i had it confirmed by BA crew. The food has been going downhill in CE over the last month over the band 2/3s... Has anyone else noticed this? Still love the rocky biscuits though.
My observation has luckily been the opposite - I think it has improved! However almost all of my current flights are in Band 3B and that may well be where the source of the difference is coming from.

Having said that, it makes me wonder if they have gone a bit too far with Height Cuisine - some of the flavours are too string for me, although I suspect I am in the minority as I have hyperactive (!?) taste buds.

P.S. What are these rocky biscuits you speak of? I can't recall ever having biscuits in CE, except for the cheese ones where I have not yet encountered any rocky ones - soggy ones yes, rocky ones, not yet.
Old Jan 18, 12, 6:28 am
Original Poster

Sorry, the rocky biscuits are on request!!...
Old Jan 18, 12, 6:46 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
The Rocky biscuits are one of the sweet options that are served in Eueotraveller with a cup to Tea or Coffee.

I have to say that the catering in CE, in my personal opinion, is improving.
Old Jan 18, 12, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by Littlegirl View Post
The Rocky biscuits are one of the sweet options that are served in Eueotraveller with a cup to Tea or Coffee.
Is that the chocolate-covered one?
Old Jan 18, 12, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It has improved for me on Band 4 flights.
Old Jan 18, 12, 6:57 am

Programs: Mucci de la Cuisine Aérienne du Réseau Courte Durée de British Airways
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia View Post
Is that the chocolate-covered one?
There are a number of different biscuits, all have chocolate.

The Rocky is a twin bar, both covered in chocolate.

We also have crunchy biscuit with chocolate on one side on some flights, but my personal favourite is the Fox's Vienna twin bar biscuit which has chocolate in the centre and is perfect for dunking!
Old Jan 18, 12, 7:28 am

Originally Posted by Littlegirl View Post
There are a number of different biscuits, all have chocolate.

The Rocky is a twin bar, both covered in chocolate.

We also have crunchy biscuit with chocolate on one side on some flights, but my personal favourite is the Fox's Vienna twin bar biscuit which has chocolate in the centre and is perfect for dunking!
Thank you for the info

I think I've only seen the Fox's. I rarely fly ET anyway (this year I have no ET booking at all - only CE, and approx 80% of my BA short haul last year was in CE), and I usually decline sweet snacks, so that probably explains my lack of ET catering knowledge.
Old Jan 18, 12, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Having said that, it makes me wonder if they have gone a bit too far with Height Cuisine - some of the flavours are too string for me, although I suspect I am in the minority as I have hyperactive (!?) taste buds.
This may be a function of age. Taste buds become less sensitive as one grows older.
Old Jan 18, 12, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Smirnoff View Post
I never had a rocky biscuit in CE.
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOX2PnH8iw4

Thought the flight had to originate in NCL to stock them???
Old Jan 18, 12, 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Globaliser View Post
This may be a function of age. Taste buds become less sensitive as one grows older.
Am I regressing? The food on BA is tasting stronger
Old Jan 18, 12, 8:02 am

Thank you for the info

I think I've only seen the Fox's. I rarely fly ET anyway (this year I have no ET booking at all - only CE, and approx 80% of my BA short haul last year was in CE), and I usually decline sweet snacks, so that probably explains my lack of ET catering knowledge.
I forgot to mention that if you ask for a cup of tea or coffee in our Club Europe cabin and are not wanting to eat a meal or request it instead of a drink from the bar round, we will serve this with a biscuit.
Old Jan 18, 12, 10:31 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Well, I don't fly CE as much as some of you here, maybe 8-10 flights/year (ARN-LHR). I do think the CE prawn pasta is excellent as airline food if you spice it up with salt and pepper. The awful Argento wine is replaced with a very good South African wine^

However, as a mostly leisure traveller I don't really care much about the food on a 2h flight. I prefer to eat before or after the flight. Just bring me some drinks and I'm happy

Search this Thread
Search Engine: