Wiki Posts
Search

Food deteriorating in CE

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Lobengula
I do think the CE prawn pasta is excellent as airline food if you spice it up with salt and pepper.
That's prawn linguine you are talking about? It seems to be very popular with passengers and crew, although I avoid it as I shouldn't be having pasta.

Speaking of spicing it up, I am looking for a tiny bottle of Tabasco that one of the hotels served me with room service, so that I can carry it in my liquid bag without taking up too much space in my 1 litre bag.

It holds about 1ml. Does anyone know where I can get it from?

Originally Posted by Littlegirl
I forgot to mention that if you ask for a cup of tea or coffee in our Club Europe cabin and are not wanting to eat a meal or request it instead of a drink from the bar round, we will serve this with a biscuit.

Thank you for the information. I'm not really into them so I haven't asked or noticed it, but if I suddenly fancy it, I'll ask for it.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 10:52 am
Ambassador

I do wish there was some kind of dessert option rather than just the chocolate but other than that I think the CE meals are fine (even enjoyable).
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:02 am

Programs: Mucci Entry Level, BA Gold, EK Pleb, SK Pleb, QR Pleb
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
That's prawn linguine you are talking about? It seems to be very popular with passengers and crew, although I avoid it as I shouldn't be having pasta.

Speaking of spicing it up, I am looking for a tiny bottle of Tabasco that one of the hotels served me with room service, so that I can carry it in my liquid bag without taking up too much space in my 1 litre bag.

Yes, the prawn linguine It's not that much pasta so it should be safe for you to eat if you skip the bread

Is this the mini-Tabasco you're thinking of? I'm considering ordering a case of 144 for $58.

http://countrystore.tabasco.com/prod...06&xcode=csb87
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:02 am

Programs: BA Gold, VS & Aeroplan Red, Marriott Silver, Hilton Honours, Hertz Gold, GHA Discovery Platinum

P.S. What are these rocky biscuits you speak of? I can't recall ever having biscuits in CE, except for the cheese ones where I have not yet encountered any rocky ones - soggy ones yes, rocky ones, not yet.
Soggy biscuit?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:03 am

Programs: BA/EC Silver
Flew CE from ZRH to LHR just at the weekend...Cold plate, it was OK. I think the food has not really changed that much TBH, if anything perhaps greater quality / less quantity to an extent (as BingBongBoy pointed out). If I had one 'wish' I'd scrap the lowest 'band' and enhance everything along by one. I have no idea what band ZRH is, for example, but the food on the last flight out of Milan (presumably the next band along) I had was excellent. But I guess it'd cost too much.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by steve_w
Soggy biscuit?
Soggy crackers for the cheese, to be more precise. Not soaking soggy, but "damp soggy".

The last batch were a bit soggy, presumably because they have been covered with a lid or cling while sitting on the same plate as the cheese.

Originally Posted by Lobengula
Yes, the prawn linguine It's not that much pasta so it should be safe for you to eat if you skip the bread
Maybe - but almost any pasta is a slightly dodgy proposition for me, unless it's a tiny amount, and it's not quite tiny enough

Is this the mini-Tabasco you're thinking of? I'm considering ordering a case of 144 for $58.

http://countrystore.tabasco.com/prod...06&xcode=csb87
That is indeed the one I'm thinking of. It's truly tiny and does not take up much space in the 1 litre bag.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:20 am

Programs: BA - Gold for Life, CCR & GGL; IC Spire Elite Ambassador; Diamond Hilton Honors; Hyatt Discoverist
I flew to IST and ATH a few times in November and found the CE food to be fine. Not travelled in CE since.

Will be travelling again next week so will certainly check on band 4.

Last edited by TravellerFrequently; Jan 21, 2012 at 2:53 pm
Old Jan 18, 2012, 11:31 am

Programs: BA Blue
This is a good BAEC thread, I have to say I enjoyed my full english breakfast on the way out to Berlin following on from the bacon rolls in the lounge and followed by 2 bottles of champagne and coffee. I know it's difficult to mess up a full english but I found it very tasty and just the right amount.

DMF

--------------------------------------------

A scorpion in Sweden?
Old Jan 18, 2012, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, SQ Gold, KQ Platinum, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor Silver
I was very disappointed with the measly fish salad served coming back from HAM last month. Minuscule portion, poor quality, greasy, not well presented.

Made up for by my usual request for one of the lovely ET Fox's biscuits ^
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by steve_w
Soggy biscuit?
One time you really don't want to lose
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:28 pm

You can find the micro-Tabasco bottles in Selfridges (Oxford Street)!
Food halls > spices shelves (on the right hand-side of the main tills)

They are sold in boxes of six.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Add me to the "unimpressed" list, although I am limited to Band 1 in my experiences (LHR-BRU). The breakfast is good - and more than enough for a 40 minute sector. But the afternoon/evening plates are woeful. Either make it a salad or don't, but stop it with the ridiculous "mezze plates" and "ploughmans". Honestly, I feel they'd be better off with a really good quality, reasonably sized sandwich (properly plated) instead of the current feeble offering. A slide of ham and spoonful of piccalilli is not a meal, at CE prices it's an insult.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Genius1
I was very disappointed with the measly fish salad served coming back from HAM last month. Minuscule portion, poor quality, greasy, not well presented.
You're just bitter that they didn't serve the right substance. You should have been served HAM and not fish, right?

Originally Posted by flying_pig
You can find the micro-Tabasco bottles in Selfridges (Oxford Street)!
Food halls > spices shelves (on the right hand-side of the main tills)

They are sold in boxes of six.
Ohh, that is excellent. It will save me ordering 144 mini-bottles - a few too many! Thank you

I don't always need to add anything to BA meals but it's always good to have when travelling.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 2:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by BA1321
Add me to the "unimpressed" list, although I am limited to Band 1 in my experiences (LHR-BRU). The breakfast is good - and more than enough for a 40 minute sector. But the afternoon/evening plates are woeful. Either make it a salad or don't, but stop it with the ridiculous "mezze plates" and "ploughmans". Honestly, I feel they'd be better off with a really good quality, reasonably sized sandwich (properly plated) instead of the current feeble offering. A slide of ham and spoonful of piccalilli is not a meal, at CE prices it's an insult.
Agree with this, whilst the overall price of CE on the short CE sectors may not be that high the cost differential between CE and ET can be relatively high. On the routes ex-LCY the only differential between ET and CE is the meal and none of the dining options at LCY are terribly good either.
Old Jan 18, 2012, 3:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: HH Gold, BA Silver, Accor Silver

Ohh, that is excellent. It will save me ordering 144 mini-bottles - a few too many! Thank you
Perhaps there's an opportunity here - I'd reckon Selfridges will want probably a tenner for six, versus 27p each on that bulk order...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.