No double MFU?

Old Jan 17, 12, 4:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, Miles & More FT, IC Gold Ambassador, SPG Gold
No double MFU?

Hi there,

I'm booked on a BA 177 today to JFK in WTP...I checked yesterday and there was plenty of rewards seat available in F and C...third try as I flew twice to DXB on a supposed to be 777-300...replaced by a non-retrofitted 777-200 in last minute...

I called BAEC and asked for an upgrade to F...wanted to experience NF as BA177 is usually operated on a 777-300.

BAEC website does mention the multiple needed for upgrade from Y to F and all intermediate upgrades so I assumed a MFU from WTP to F was possible...it seems that it is not. I've been kindly informed that double upgrade are not accepted...there were still 3 F seats available for rewards.

I never tried before, I usually upgrade from WTP to CW or CW to F.

Anyone knows about this? Not that clear on the website, I looked in the terms and conditions but could not spot this...

Cheers from FLounge with a chilled Bollinger Rose ^

Last edited by SN_RJ100; Jan 17, 12 at 5:01 am
Old Jan 17, 12, 4:54 am

Programs: BA Gold, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
I'm afraid that you can't do double upgrades with miles/avoid. You could pay to upgrade to CW and then MFU that potentially.
Old Jan 17, 12, 4:56 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
Fraid it isn't allowed with MFU!
Old Jan 17, 12, 4:57 am

Programs: Just a lowly Blue ;(
It's never been possible, It states MFU's are only upgradeable to the next class.
Old Jan 17, 12, 4:58 am
Original Poster

Ok thanks to you for confirming this...

One question remains, why is the website then mentionning that upgrade from Y to F cost 2x miles required for a Y ticket....?

I'll survive ;-) but this is a bit confusing, isn't it?
Old Jan 17, 12, 5:00 am

Programs: BA Gold, KL/AF Gold, HH Silver
Hi

First reply on FT, but I recall seeing this in the Terms and Conditions as I was looking myself recently. The Terms and Conditions do cover this:

"The upgrade is a single cabin upgrade from Euro Traveller to Club Europe, World Traveller to World Traveller Plus (where fitted on the aircraft), World Traveller to Club World (where World Traveller Plus is not fitted on the aircraft), World Traveller Plus to Club World, Club World to First."

Cheers!
Old Jan 17, 12, 5:04 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
You could ask for an upgrade from CW to F on check in.

I have heard about people getting this for 399
Old Jan 17, 12, 5:04 am

Programs: NZ Elite *G, Hilton Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by edionwards View Post
Hi

First reply on FT, but I recall seeing this in the Terms and Conditions as I was looking myself recently. The Terms and Conditions do cover this:

"The upgrade is a single cabin upgrade from Euro Traveller to Club Europe, World Traveller to World Traveller Plus (where fitted on the aircraft), World Traveller to Club World (where World Traveller Plus is not fitted on the aircraft), World Traveller Plus to Club World, Club World to First."

Cheers!
Hi edionwards and welcome to FT.
Old Jan 17, 12, 5:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by PanGalactic View Post
You could ask for an upgrade from CW to F on check in.

I have heard about people getting this for 399
Nope, heard and experienced upgrade from WTP or even WT to CW for 400USD in the US.

I'm based in Brussels, I've never been offered any paying upgrade at the check-in counter or at OLCI neither by the way...

I asked once at LHR and they offered me the upgrade from CW to F for GBP 2.000....flight turned out to be almost full...this was just the fare difference between a I ticket and a F...
Old Jan 17, 12, 5:35 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by SN_RJ100 View Post
Nope, heard and experienced upgrade from WTP or even WT to CW for 400USD in the US.

I'm based in Brussels, I've never been offered any paying upgrade at the check-in counter or at OLCI neither by the way...

I asked once at LHR and they offered me the upgrade from CW to F for GBP 2.000....flight turned out to be almost full...this was just the fare difference between a I ticket and a F...
Things change all the time.....

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...l#post16025855
Old Jan 17, 12, 5:42 am

Location: All over the place often South Wales and Lake District
Programs: BA Gold for Life

I paid 399 for CW to F in MAN. for LHR - PKG. Unfortunately my 55 minute flight to LHR was delayed by 3 hours so I was rerouted via paris on Air france in business. Still waiting to hear whether I will get the 399 refunded. On the way back yesterday, amount to upgrade CW to F was 11000 RMB, about 1100 didn't pay that stayed in row 64 on UD.
Old Jan 17, 12, 6:01 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond.

One question remains, why is the website then mentionning that upgrade from Y to F cost 2x miles required for a Y ticket....?

I'll survive ;-) but this is a bit confusing, isn't it?

its because on AA and Iberia they do not have premium economy.
So on those flights you can upgrage y-j as it is the next class!
Old Jan 17, 12, 7:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AA domestic only has Y and F cabins (except some 3-class transcons), so it is quoting the cost of a single-cabin upgrade from Y to "F" on AA within the US.
Old Jan 17, 12, 8:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by matthandy View Post
miles/avoid
Freudian slip?!
Old Jan 17, 12, 8:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Welcome to FT edionwards. ^

Search this Thread
Search Engine: