Wiki Posts
Search

Current Heathrow Express Discount Codes

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2017, 3:12 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by salut0
As you note they don't seem to mind if you stated the ticket would start in Heathrow and return from Paddington and then you actually started it at Paddington and returned from Heathrow.

But what I'm asking is whether you can use the two halves of the ticket in identical directions.

E.g. Tuesday: Paddington to LHR ("outbound")
Friday: Paddington to LHR ("return")

Are you sure that's possible?
If they don't care what direction you travel I can't see why that wouldn't be allowed.
Old May 15, 2018, 9:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lifetime United Gold and 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Lifetime Marriott and SPG Platinum , AA, Hilton
Unhappy ANY new discount codes for HEX (Heathrow Express)?

Is it safe to assume that since there has been no activity since 2017 that there are no new discounts available on the Heathrow Express?
Old May 15, 2018, 9:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Not too sure but in line with TFL taking over the Heathrow connect route yiu now can only travel in the direction of the booked ticket eg Heathrow to Paddington can no longer be used Paddington to Heathrow and there are new times for peak one way travel.

Booking in in advance can reduce the price as can the use of a railcard.
Old Jun 16, 2018, 10:00 pm
BCH

Refreshing in hopes of some promo codes, upgrade codes, etc. Thanks!
Old Jun 17, 2018, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by BCH
Refreshing in hopes of some promo codes, upgrade codes, etc. Thanks!
The MasterCard discount still works.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA/M&M/HHonors
Question

Originally Posted by Blumie
The MasterCard discount still works.
I might be missing something obvious, but when I go to the HEx page on Priceless, I have a page with the logo and an option to follow but no link to click or anything..
I am logged in to Priceless.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, 6MM; BA GLD
Originally Posted by dawntreader380
I might be missing something obvious, but when I go to the HEx page on Priceless, I have a page with the logo and an option to follow but no link to click or anything..
I am logged in to Priceless.
https://www.heathrowexpress.com/priceless-uk
dawntreader380 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2018, 12:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Dopey question time - the BA GGL upgrade seems to be limited to the standard fare bookings, not the discounted advance bookings (when you look at the BA.com page and follow the link). Has anybody been either welcomed or kicked out of First if using an advance fare?

thx

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-upgrade-offer
Old Jul 14, 2018, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle
Dopey question time - the BA GGL upgrade seems to be limited to the standard fare bookings, not the discounted advance bookings (when you look at the BA.com page and follow the link). Has anybody been either welcomed or kicked out of First if using an advance fare?

thx

https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...-upgrade-offer
Always book advance fares and never had an issue.
pilot007 likes this.
Old Feb 7, 2019, 5:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Heathrow Express 20% off Express Saver Returns

I could swear thst there was a Heathrow Express discount thread but for the life of me can’t find it,

Heathrow Airport tweeted this and the link below for 20% off using the discount code LNY2019 for the Lunar New Year. Relevant t&c in link but not too onerous hope a few people save some £££

Take the @HeathrowExpress and get 20% off Express Saver Return tickets booked before 20th February. Use code LNY2019 online or via the app now. Find out more: bddy.me/2WNZCav

Last edited by KeaneJohn; Feb 7, 2019 at 5:22 pm
Old Feb 7, 2019, 6:23 pm

Programs: "Only" 50,000 TPs until BA GGLfL
worth noting .. if you work for a large corporation - many of them have HEx discount codes. My lot get 15% off, so worth checking your travel dept.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 12:29 am

Oyster and contactless are valid payment options from 18 February. (Internal tfl documents imply that the relevant system changes are already live but the official date is not until the 18th).
This is all about convenience and not money saying. £25 peak or £22 off peak will be the charge and this will NOT count towards the daily cap. (Equivalent logic to Gatwick Express - if you go through the barrier at the dedicated Express platform at Paddington, you're charged the Express fare. Use any other ticket barrier at Paddington and you're charged the 'tfl rail' (formerly Connect) fare).
No discounts using this method - if your going for a HEx discount ticket it has to be issued as paper or on the app.
pilot007 and adrianlondon like this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:34 am

Programs: BA Gold (and many other greater and lesser distinctions)
Question about using the 2 halves of a return for travel in the same direction. IIRC, the tickets used not to show a direction, although I may be wrong about that. I also have an idea that one used to only get one code for an R/T ticket, although again I may not be remembering correctly.

I recently bought an R/T ticket with two codes / barcodes, and the printed version of the ticket says next to each Pad-LHR or LHR-Pad. I know in the past that one could use tickets in both directions. Is that still the same with both halves of an R/T?

To answer my own question, having consulted the HEX website. i was not aware of this change, so maybe others weren't either

"Can I use my ticket in either direction?
As of 2 May 2018 we have changed some of the terms and conditions to our tickets:
For tickets purchased on or after 2 May 2018
You will not be able to use tickets in either direction. Tickets must be used for the direction they were booked. For example, a ticket from Paddington to Heathrow cannot be used for travel from Heathrow to Paddington.
For tickets purchased before 2 May 2018
You will be able to use these in either direction regardless of the direction chosen when purchased."
adrianlondon likes this.
Old Feb 11, 2019, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99
Question about using the 2 halves of a return for travel in the same direction. IIRC, the tickets used not to show a direction, although I may be wrong about that. I also have an idea that one used to only get one code for an R/T ticket, although again I may not be remembering correctly.

I recently bought an R/T ticket with two codes / barcodes, and the printed version of the ticket says next to each Pad-LHR or LHR-Pad. I know in the past that one could use tickets in both directions. Is that still the same with both halves of an R/T?
Yes you are right in the past you could use the tickets in any direction regardless of the one you actually booked. Since the changes that happened last May in preparation of crossrail you can now only use the tickets for the booked direction unfortunately.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 1:01 am

Programs: AC SE100K
Anyone use the TAJHOTELS discount code? That seems to give 20% off, but when I use it it says "Taj Hotels (Tata) Staff" on the ticket. I used it once with the Star Alliance Gold free upgrade and the ticket inspector didn't bat an eyelid. But wondering if I just got lucky, or if that combination is fine?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.