Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Being lied to - or what else does one call it - by BA? Coupled with appalling service

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Being lied to - or what else does one call it - by BA? Coupled with appalling service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:49 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Ba service

Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
A genuine but OT question - what are those @ marks referring to, please?

With crew, it doesn't necessarily mean this. There is a possibility that it is related to flight time limitations on 'reduced rest' that requires 10 hours (if I recall correctly) in the accommodation when they take a reduced rest. If they are not at their assigned accommodation for 10 hours, they will have to delay their next flight. So, being held up at baggage collection means they may need to delay their next flight.

I am not saying that this was the case with the problem you encountered, but just offering a possibility that this may have influenced the situation. It still does not excuse barging in front of anyone (regardless of paid customer or not), if that is what happened, but there is a potential reason for their being given priority.
@@@@@@@@@@@

The @@@ is a habit...differentiate from thepost I am replying to...

We do agree except, am I responsble for the crew' start, stop and rest times ?

Is this an incentive for BA to make sure ALL bags arrive on time ? Crew bags carry thier own tags.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:50 am

Programs: BAEC (Gold), Hilton (Gold)
Originally Posted by HMPS
@@@@@@@@@@@

The @@@ is a habit...differentiate from thepost I am replying to...
You don't need do this. The software that makes FlyerTalk work distinguishes your post from your quote quite clearly.

BAH
Old Jan 17, 2012, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by BAHumbug
You don't need do this. The software that makes FlyerTalk work distinguishes your post from your quote quite clearly.

BAH
Understood.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 10:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by HMPS
Interrupting a paying customer, who pays your salary? Would you appreciate your grocery store employee doing this while you were in process of transacting business? Yes, that employee had just finished his shift and was going home!
If I was upset with this happening when I was food shopping, I would order online. This would save me some self important moments.
Old Jan 26, 2012, 7:12 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by Paralytic
Whilst the OP obviously had an unfortunate series of events, and some not so great service from BA and it's providers, I think changing airline (and alliance) because of that is a bit over the top; another set of issue will eventually arise elsewhere, then where will they go? A HIDDY said, things do go wrong sometimes.

And I think its unfair of the OP to say they were lied to. More likely, the information was given to you in good faith, but that someone had been a bit optimistic along the way.
Agreed. When upset, it is very easy to presume the staff have lied to you when in actual fact, it is likely that they were doing thier best to assist you with the information they had at the time. Unfortunate events do happen and it is in everyone's best interest to sort it out. Unfortunately, not everything can be sorted out as quick as we would like it to be.

Last edited by Prospero; Feb 23, 2012 at 1:05 am Reason: fix quotation entry
Old Feb 22, 2012, 8:04 pm

save moments?

Originally Posted by origin
If I was upset with this happening when I was food shopping, I would order online. This would save me some self

F Y I BTW food shopping was an example, a parallel to what transpired.

Last edited by Prospero; Feb 23, 2012 at 1:06 am Reason: fix quotation syntax

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.