Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Award Flight cancelled, booked onto flight 2 days later

Old Jan 13, 12, 11:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, Starbucks Gold

Hi All,

I've tried searching the forum but can't find an answer.

For those who may have seen my posting earlier this morning, I had changed my flight to MRU from 4 June to 24 June, just now I had received an email informing me that the flight on 24 June had been cancelled and that they had rebooked me onto 26 June. However much I like MRU - but I need to get back to work (being self employed!)

So can I ask to be rebooked onto a flight say 2-3 days earlier even though there maybe no awards tickets available?

Thanks
Johnny5a
Old Jan 13, 12, 12:16 pm

Programs: BAEC
Well you can ask...
Old Jan 13, 12, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Blue, Starbucks Gold
Yeah I just have - so for the record:

- If it is a schedule change by BA, they can book you on a later same day
- if there is no flight that day, they will book you on the next available flight, either before of after the original flight, same class, same ticket class
- if the class/ticket class is not available then you're booked on the lowest ticket class on the next available flight, I assume a possible downgrade if there aren't any J seats left(?)

The third rule for me - I've managed to get on to a flight two days earlier, J seats, on a different ticket class (I) rather than (U). Will I get TP/miles now?

The CS agent was very good and efficient!
Old Jan 13, 12, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by johnny5a View Post
Yeah I just have - so for the record:

- If it is a schedule change by BA, they can book you on a later same day
- if there is no flight that day, they will book you on the next available flight, either before of after the original flight, same class, same ticket class
- if the class/ticket class is not available then you're booked on the lowest ticket class on the next available flight, I assume a possible downgrade if there aren't any J seats left(?)

The third rule for me - I've managed to get on to a flight two days earlier, J seats, on a different ticket class (I) rather than (U). Will I get TP/miles now?

The CS agent was very good and efficient!
Something similar happened to me and I was booked into a revenue class as there was no award availability. Miles and points showed up in MMB but sometime downstream before the flight the ticketed fare bucket was converted from revenue to redemption, I assume by revenue management. I hope it works out for you but keep an eye on the ticket.
Old Jan 14, 12, 8:06 am

Programs: BA silver, aeroplan
Just posted similar situation in another thread. I was rebooked from an award ticket into a revenue (lowest available) and yes in MMB the tier points showed up however after the flight it was corrected and no miles/no TP's were actually awarded which is fair and the way it should have been. I was thrilled the got me on a later flight in CE
Old Jan 14, 12, 8:34 am

I had a very minor schedule change (20 mins) to an EDI-LHR connection on an MFU booking but thought I'd ask if that meant I could change my flight to a more convenient flight (the previous one). I've had similar on United and they were very accommodating.

The response was no which was fair enough!

The guidance is that if the change is greater than 2 hours you are entitled to be rebooked or issued a refund.

Search this Thread