Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The Goodbye Winter Sale Facebook Competition - UK members only

Old Jan 13, 12, 8:29 am
Company Representative - British Airways
Original Poster

Hi all

I thought I would share this for those of UK members who this may interest.

You may have noticed that we are using an ice sculpture as part of the creative for our Goodbye Winter Sale campaign and we are currently running a competition for our UK members to win a holiday - all you need to do is guess how long it will take for one of our sculptures to melt for a chance to win a holiday for you and 3 friends/family to one of 6 destinations!

If you would like to enter your guess you will need to like our page on facebook - you can do this by clicking on the link below:

http://www.facebook.com/britishairwa...britishairways

The facebook competition opens at 0800 Monday 9 January and closes 0800 14 January.

The actual melt will take place on Saturday 14 January at Westfield Stratford City between 0900 and 2100 outside John Lewis (1st floor) so if you get a chance please do come along and see us!

Don't forget to tell your friends to share their guess too!

Warm regards

Nicci
Old Jan 13, 12, 8:34 am

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Thanks Nicci. Will the melt take place inside the centre or outside in the open air? Need to check the ambient air temperature...
Old Jan 13, 12, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
Originally Posted by To Eat.To Drink View Post
Thanks Nicci. Will the melt take place inside the centre or outside in the open air? Need to check the ambient air temperature...
If it takes place outside and the temperature is below freezing then it may take some time to melt.
Old Jan 13, 12, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by BA Executive Club View Post
The actual melt will take place on Saturday 14 January at Westfield Stratford City between 0900 and 2100 outside John Lewis (1st floor) so if you get a chance please do come along and see us!
I do hope that someone will be on the look-out for suspicious-looking Facebooking FTers; they who would be armed with stopwatches, creme brle torches and cans of de-icer, and with submitted guesses biro'd on the backs of their hands....

And that the Chief Heating Operative at Westfield isn't allowed to enter.

Sounds like an interesting competition, Nicci, so thanks for the information.

Of course, if you're not on FB then you can always set up a little profile precisely for these kind of promos.
Old Jan 13, 12, 8:45 am

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
If it takes place outside and the temperature is below freezing then it may take some time to melt.
Exactly. I have entered though and it seems to be inside with the average ambient temp being 22oC accorfing to the FB page. Thanks Nicci!
Old Jan 13, 12, 8:47 am

Originally Posted by HIDDY View Post
In which case, I dare say that PUCCI would be called in with her blowtorch at about 2055GMT.
Old Jan 13, 12, 8:53 am

I'm sure I'm being really thick, but how do I enter. I have taken the link to the facebook page, I can see the youtube video, but Im damned if I can see what I have to do to enter
Old Jan 13, 12, 8:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Diamond.
you have to LIKE it - top left i think
Old Jan 13, 12, 8:59 am

@stewaran - yep that was my problem. Thanks
Old Jan 13, 12, 9:00 am
Original Poster

I knew I would get lots of clever questions on this one

This will take place inside Westfield Stratford City, outsiide John Lewis - average temp of Westfield is 22 degrees c

Nicci

Last edited by BA Executive Club; Jan 13, 12 at 9:02 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 13, 12, 9:01 am
uk1
Suspended

Are blow torches and stopwatches allowed?
Old Jan 13, 12, 9:02 am

Is it a random draw of all entries or will the person with the closest guess win?
Old Jan 13, 12, 9:07 am

Programs: BA Silver
Originally Posted by stewaran View Post
you have to LIKE it - top left i think
Yes, the blunt tool of many a marketer. Internally, there will be powerpoint presentations stating how many people like the BA page with graphs showing how it has increased as part of this campaign and there will all round applause and pats on the back for the marketing team.

Whereas in reality, people have only liked the page because they might win something and the increase is not a true reflecting of any increased positive sentiment towards BA.

Sorry Nicci, this isn't a dig at you, but this sort of marketing by so many companies is a bit of a bug-bear of mine.

It hasn't stopped me liking the page and entering though. I'm such a hypocrite
Old Jan 13, 12, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC/IB
I can't seem to find how big it is?
Old Jan 13, 12, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Paralytic View Post
Yes, the blunt tool of many a marketer. Internally, there will be powerpoint presentations stating how many people like the BA page with graphs showing how it has increased as part of this campaign and there will all round applause and pats on the back for the marketing team.

Whereas in reality, people have only liked the page because they might win something and the increase is not a true reflecting of any increased positive sentiment towards BA.

Sorry Nicci, this isn't a dig at you, but this sort of marketing by so many companies is a bit of a bug-bear of mine.

It hasn't stopped me Liking the page and entering though. I'm such a hypocrit
As a member of the marketing team - I won't take it personally

Search this Thread