2012 BA Champagne & Wine thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 29, 2012, 4:27 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Question

Originally Posted by EuropeanPete
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Talking of rare guest visitors to GF, I bloody well miss the rare appearances of the C de C...
For a few months a couple of years ago it was the default champagne! How the mighty have fallen
I thought he was referring to Crčme de Cassis
Old Dec 29, 2012, 4:36 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
We'll have to ask him
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
No, I was indeed referring to Comtes de Champagne, which I keep hoping will be hidden behind all the other bottles! (Honestly, I sometimes even do both Champagne bars just in hope one will have it! ). Was it actually the main Champagne in GF at one point?? I'll admit I only ever seemed to see it there as an exception, if at one point not such an unusual one!

PS: I have nothing against creme de cassis and do in fact enjoy a good kir royal once in a while, but anyone trying to put c de c into my C de C is likely to be hit by a bottle across the face! [not least because I think that b de b [as in blanc de blanc] Champagne are usually best enjoyed as pure as possible and left alone.]

A few green olives, a raw oyster, a slice of sourdough bread dunk in a bit of olive oil and fleur de sel, or - without reopening other debates - a spoonful of caviar and a glass of Comtes = bliss! In fact, it is the planned treat to my guests as the opener of our new year's eve dinner tomorrow night!

Last edited by orbitmic; Dec 30, 2012 at 12:35 am
Old Dec 30, 2012, 12:46 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR/Lifetime Gold, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Is the Chateau Lynch-Bages now making a regular appearance in F - or was that just a one-off for the ICN inaugural? I'm flying F next week and have my fingers crossed for New F and decent catering (the last four times I've flown F over the years has been during some form of catering strike).

-FlyerBeek
In the last six weeks, I've done 3 F trips. It was there for SIN and MCT, but not for UVF. It is very good indeed - definitely of the right standard for F!
Old Dec 30, 2012, 8:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Originally Posted by brightstar100
In the last six weeks, I've done 3 F trips. It was there for SIN and MCT, but not for UVF. It is very good indeed - definitely of the right standard for F!
Good to know. Perhaps it's only for the Asia / Mid-East routes as recent sightings reported here include HND, ICN, SIN, and MCT? I know CX carried Lynch-Bages for quite a while (and still has it on a rotating basis) simply due to it's brand name within the HK market - even though plenty of less expensive, better quality, and higher classified (FWIW) Bordeux is available.

In any case, it'll give me something to be surprised about if it appears next week on my US flight in F!

-FlyerBeek
Old Dec 30, 2012, 9:24 am

Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
2012 BA Champagne & Wine thread

LPGS when I went to ICN. Both ways...
Old Mar 4, 2013, 8:52 am

Programs: Mucci de Pucci, BA Gold, Delta SkyMiles, CX Gold, AMEX Plat, 25 meter swimming badge
Does anyone know what the dessert wine in the F cabin is at the moment, I can't for the life of me remember, but it's one of the very few Dessert wines I've had that didn't taste like undiluted children's cordial.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.