Help needed with ORD-DUB-ORD booking

Old Jan 8, 12, 8:18 pm
Moderator: Credit Card Programs & Chase Ultimate Rewards
Original Poster

Programs: Too many to list
Help needed with ORD-DUB-ORD booking

Hi,
I'm trying to use the 105K + Avios I have & thought ORD-DUB-ORD on AA metal in Business, would be a good way to do it. I called BA and they said it's 80K Avios + $723.xx in fees. I'm familiar with the YQ fees so I wasn't shocked.

Is there a way to travel ORD-DUB-ORD, using BA Avios, w/o the HUGE YQ fees? Connections are fine. I'm open to ALL options.

As an alternative I'll probably use my Avios to fly partner routes from the Mainland to Hawaii.

TIA!
Old Jan 8, 12, 8:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Sure. Call BA and redeem your Avios for Business Class seats on Aer Lingus' nonstop between ORD and DUB. Very low fees. (Aer Lingus is one of BA's non-oneworld partners.)
Old Jan 8, 12, 9:07 pm
Original Poster

http://www.oneworld.com/ Thanks, but I don't see Aer Lingus on this list. Ah, now I see them on the "Other Partner Airlines" list. I'll call BA tomorrow & see what transpires. Thanks!!!
Old Jan 9, 12, 1:21 pm
Original Poster

Booked!

Originally Posted by guv1976 View Post
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.601 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/417)

Sure. Call BA and redeem your Avios for Business Class seats on Aer Lingus' nonstop between ORD and DUB. Very low fees. (Aer Lingus is one of BA's non-oneworld partners.)

Just booked our flts. in Business on Aer Lingus. Thanks again for your tip! And the YQ & other fees were only $121/person. Sweeeet.

Has anyone flown the ORD-DUB non-stop recently? I've heard it's a good 'hard' product. Seat recommend for Business lay-flat?

Search this Thread