FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   Fog in JER (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1300004-fog-jer.html)

sunrisegirl Jan 8, 2012 12:40 pm

Fog in JER

Be aware folks that JER airport is currently undergoing some fog problems. The BA 2776 from LGW had to return to LGW as it couldn't get in, and has now been cancelled.

BA 2778 will still try to get in but who knows.

Apparently fog is in the forecast tomorrow so not looking great.

Just wanted to keep you informed.

Athlete95 Jan 8, 2012 12:50 pm

2778 due in on time at the moment but not sure what will happen. Very full flight too. 2776 is normally very busy or full on a Sunday night too. The 2769 tomorrow morning is busy too so if the 2778 doesn't make it in there will be some problems!

They have been surprisingly quiet about the fog in the forecast I saw an hour or so ago- just said that visibility may go from moderate-poor overnight! One look out my window and the visibility does look bad!

joejet Jan 8, 2012 12:58 pm

Please sort by tomorrow Mikey and SRG :D:D
Flying tonight from ord then to jersey tomorrow pm, so please use your magic powers to get rid of the fog. Not due in till 5 ish though!!
Joejet

sunrisegirl Jan 8, 2012 1:12 pm

I'll get the blower out tomorrow if that's OK joejet ;)

Athlete95 Jan 8, 2012 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by joejet (Post 17773114)
Please sort by tomorrow Mikey and SRG :D:D
Flying tonight from ord then to jersey tomorrow pm, so please use your magic powers to get rid of the fog. Not due in till 5 ish though!!
Joejet

Another look out my window and it doesn't look too bad although I live a good 5 miles away from the airport so it may be localised! Would have thought you will be fine for tomorrow but don't quote me on that :p

joejet Jan 8, 2012 3:00 pm

I will , and now I know you live 5 miles away from the airport..... I will be looking for you if it is closed tomorrow:D:D drawing a 5 mile radius on my maps now!!:p

I just hope it is open I was at GCM airport at 5am to drop bags off this morning, total time back to JER is around 27 hours. Mind you in the Hilton at ORD at the moment just chilling, of to the F lounge with the kids in a bit for dinner then the night flight to LHR. Really hoping for op-up to F as CW, Wt+ and the other cabin in the back, are all full, there were loads of free seats in F earlier, then they all diss apiece from sale last night, fingers crossed. Guess its all down to who shows up.
Joejet

Skipcool3 Jan 8, 2012 3:07 pm

joejet... might be worth booking a back-up on the high-speed ferry to JER!!!!
Fog in the channel islands is nothing new!!! I spent 3 days at T1 once (when Ba used to fly from there!

joejet Jan 8, 2012 3:14 pm

Thanks but i would rather stay at gatwick for a few days than the ferry, especially as I am back to lgw on Friday anyway. Getting the kids to the port would also be an issue, I have 6 bags and 3 hand luggage, due to wife moving county next week, she has 13 cases/boxes to check in next weekend so need to meet her at LHR anyway.
Joejet