Extra legroom on the 318?

Old Jan 3, 12, 2:30 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway
Programs: BA Gold +++
Posts: 51
Extra legroom on the 318?

Got the option of trying out the A318 JFK-LCY. Since I am 190 cms tall, any seat with extra legroom will do. Seatguru doesn´t show any, and Seatexpert appears to be down at the moment. But I am sure there are some FT´s who know which seat to eventually choose to get some extra legroom?
Heliboy is offline  
Old Jan 3, 12, 2:37 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lewes
Programs: HiltonH. Gold Starwood Gold BA BLUES! Mucci.
Posts: 4,810
Even at 190cms tall I don't think you will be troubled... in any of the seats.
Much better than a standard CW seat on a 747/777
I would prefer a seat towards the front, as it is quieter, IMHO....
Skipcool3 is offline  
Old Jan 3, 12, 2:41 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: London
Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Posts: 3,470
I've sat in a number of the seats - they are all pretty similar in my view - no emergency exit rows with extra room etc. that you get on the 747/777. Interesting service so if I were you I'd definitely try it.
LondonAndy is offline  
Old Jan 3, 12, 3:26 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Programs: BAEC Silver, Junior Jet Club
Posts: 946
1B and 1J would allow you to put your feet forward of the bulkhead as the aisle is slightly wider forward of row 1 than it is between the seats, however I believe there was a fixed footrest pillar when I say there. I cannot quite recall.

I have also sat in 8A and 4A and both were fine - I think some people found the aisle seats in the middle of the aircraft "bounced" when larger individuals walked down the aisle, though few people moved on any flight I have flown.
Lucifer UK is offline  
Old Jan 3, 12, 5:17 pm
  #5  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Italy 90% - Rest of the World 10%
Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Posts: 2,912
Originally Posted by Skipcool3 View Post
Even at 190cms tall I don't think you will be troubled... in any of the seats.
Much better than a standard CW seat on a 747/777
I would prefer a seat towards the front, as it is quieter, IMHO....
Don't agree..

Personal opinion but although I loved the CWLCY service I find the beds on the 747 in J "longer" (I'm almost 2 metres..)

CWLCY are wider but I'm sure they are shorter

Between UD on a 747 and a 318 I'd take a 747
terminalfive is offline  
Old Jan 3, 12, 5:18 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Italy 90% - Rest of the World 10%
Programs: Marriott + Hilton. Fly BA and AZ
Posts: 2,912
Originally Posted by Lucifer UK View Post
1B and 1J would allow you to put your feet forward of the bulkhead as the aisle is slightly wider forward of row 1 than it is between the seats, however I believe there was a fixed footrest pillar when I say there. I cannot quite recall.

I have also sat in 8A and 4A and both were fine - I think some people found the aisle seats in the middle of the aircraft "bounced" when larger individuals walked down the aisle, though few people moved on any flight I have flown.
I'd avoid row 1 as being by the lavatories really is annoying

Row 3 or 4 ideal in my view
terminalfive is offline  
Old Jan 4, 12, 1:31 am
  #7  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Oslo, Norway
Programs: BA Gold +++
Posts: 51
Originally Posted by terminalfive View Post
Don't agree..

Personal opinion but although I loved the CWLCY service I find the beds on the 747 in J "longer" (I'm almost 2 metres..)

CWLCY are wider but I'm sure they are shorter

Between UD on a 747 and a 318 I'd take a 747

That´s what I thought - that the 318 CW seats are identical to standard 747 CW seats, with no exit rows that give an extra feet of legroom. For me the standard CW seats are a bit to short to fully stretch out for a nap, so I need to be in typical 62J or 64A to be real comfortable. Thanks for the intel, folks. 747 it is!
Heliboy is offline  
Old Jan 4, 12, 2:01 am
  #8  
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: London
Programs: BA Gold, LH Sen, MUCCI, Junior Jet Club.
Posts: 7,913
I think rows 3 and 4 have misaligned windows. Why I always choose 2K westbound, 2A eastbound.
BahrainLad is offline  
Old Jan 4, 12, 2:45 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Canary Wharf, London
Programs: MyWaitrose, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond & BAEC Gold
Posts: 2,480
I'd go 318 outbound, and 747 inbound, unless you plan on sleeping on both flights?
chistery is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: