Search

BAEC tier points/avios for redemptions?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
BAEC tier points/avios for redemptions?

Hi - first post so be gentle

Under my old airmiles account if I booked a flight using airmiles and then added my BAEC number to the booking I would earn BAEC tier points & miles.

My question is: does the same still apply using avios? ie if I book a flight using avios points on my avios account can I then add my BAEC number to the booking and will it earn BAEC tier points & avios?

Apologies if this has been asked before: I did a quick search & couldn't find the answer.
Old Jan 2, 2012, 10:44 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Sadly, no tp or avios for redemptions.
However you can get them for the class you pay for when upgrading using avios via the BAEC site.

Welcome to FT
Old Jan 2, 2012, 11:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Thanks for your quick response! It always surprised me that BAEC TP & miles were earned when redeeming airmiles and was hoping this might still be the case with avios.

I guess my follow up is: given that avios can be transferred between avios and BAEC accounts, is there any benefit to redeeming flights on your avios account vs your BAEC account (and vice versa)?
Old Jan 3, 2012, 1:51 am

Programs: Lord OPebble - Mucci of the Hour. Diamond Class MUCCI.Chevalier du Circle Intime de Pucci
It never was the case for redeeming airmiles. MMB used to mistakingly say you got TP/miles but that was not correct.

On a pure redemption nada. On a MFU you get TP/Miles/Avios for the class that you originally booked in.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 2:28 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by OPebble
It never was the case for redeeming airmiles. MMB used to mistakingly say you got TP/miles but that was not correct.

On a pure redemption nada. On a MFU you get TP/Miles/Avios for the class that you originally booked in.
I think you have missed a lot.

airmiles, the former name of Avois, will book your redemption ticket into G class if X is not available. And G class will earn TP and miles. I have booked a dozen of those airmiles flight (which also allow you to see whether you have booked into X or G in booking process before you confirm) and earned miles and TP.
Old Jan 3, 2012, 2:40 am

Programs: MUCCI
Originally Posted by alpenlupe
I guess my follow up is: given that avios can be transferred between avios and BAEC accounts, is there any benefit to redeeming flights on your avios account vs your BAEC account (and vice versa)?
There was a thread the other day where someone had been informed by an Avios (Airmiles) telephone agent that they could not have the fuel surcharge they paid refunded if they cancelled.

However, it was (IIRC) the considered opinion that this was just a telephone agent giving duff info and/or a misreading of their T&C.

Either way, a BAEC Avios booking certainly has refundable fuel surcharges if cancelled.

But, as I said, I think the considered view was simply duff info.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.