Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ultimate Avios Earning/Converting List

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2012, 4:12 am

Programs: BA IHG
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Re-edit: No, wrong, it's actually Avios he earns and the mortgage is through C+G. I clearly still haven't woken up properly yet!
It used to be 6000 airmiles for taking out a Lloyds Airmiles mortgage, and 50 airmiles per month thereafter. Not sure if it is still available in the new Avios world though.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 1:37 am

Programs: AA EXP, Priority Club Platinum
BA Visa Platinum in the Caribbean

Executive Club Members in the Caribbean can earn Avios with First Caribbean Bank on their Visa Platinum card. 5,000 Avios for signing up, 1 Avios per $1 spend, 2 Avios for $1 spent on BA.

Available in Anguilla, Antigua, The Bahamas, Barbados, Belize, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Dominica, Grenada, Jamaica, St. Kitts, St. Lucia, St. Maartin, St. Vincent, and the Turks & Caicos Islands.

http://www.cibcfcib.com/index.php?page=Wealth-BA-page

The webpage needs updating though - still refers to BA miles, and the pre-JBA restrictions on redemptions of Avios on AA.
Old Apr 4, 2012, 4:57 am

Last edited by Hannibal Lecter; Apr 4, 2012 at 4:59 am Reason: double post
Old Apr 4, 2012, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by teflon
Two more opportunities...

Iberia Credit Cards
While BA don't have a credit card in Spain, Iberia do.
There's the Sendo option, which gives you an Amex (earning 1 Avios per 1 EUR) and a Visa (1 Avios per 2 EUR); and the Max option, which is 9 Avios per 5 EUR for "deferred payment", or 3 Avios per 3 EUR for "full payment"
Full details (in Spanish) at www.iberiacards.es. These options will only pay your Avios into an Iberia Plus account - but provided both accounts have been active for 3 months, you can move the Avios into an Executive Club account.

(If you want to check my working, see this spreadsheet.)
Iberia has just teamed up with Santander , doesn't say if the cards will only be available in Spain
http://grupo.iberia.es/portal/site/g...0060fe15acRCRD
Old Apr 4, 2012, 5:02 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Hannibal Lecter
Iberia has just teamed up with Santander , doesn't say if the cards will only be available in Spain
http://grupo.iberia.es/portal/site/g...0060fe15acRCRD
If there's a 10x offer, I'm moving to spain!!!!

The page isnt in english, and google translate isnt playing ball, it keeps refreshing the page, can someone who understands please post the earning rate here so I can add it?

Thanks

Last edited by PanGalactic; Apr 4, 2012 at 5:12 am
Old Apr 4, 2012, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
Double Avios with Avios Cash Passport to 17 April 2012

That's 2 Avios/£ for £250+ reloads, plus 2% surcharge* for sterling, by 17 April 2012. (I think non-£ rates are probably rubbish but there's no surcharge.)
* minimum £3
http://www.cashpassport.com/1/en/avios/

Our council tax is due, and they want 1.8% for payment by credit card. I was going to use direct debit or similar for 0% surcharge. Payment by Cash Passport must be surcharge-free.

That earns 1 Avios per 1p, doesn't it?
Old Apr 4, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: BA bronze card, NHS Blood Donor silver card
Originally Posted by Roger
That's 2 Avios/£ for £250+ reloads, plus 2% surcharge* for sterling, by 17 April 2012. (I think non-£ rates are probably rubbish but there's no surcharge.)
* minimum £3
I did some maths on this further upthread - the forex rates aren't as good as the standard Cash Passport rates and certainly not as good as a fee-free card like Halifax Clarity, but may be worth investigating if there's twice the Avios to be earned.
When I last looked, there was an ATM withdrawal fee on this card, so it's only really any good for purchases.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks for the confirmation, Teflon.

Using this card to pay our council tax seems the be the only useful way of earning Avios on the transaction, and 2 Avios/£ @ 1p each is reasonable. (I am of course excluding the ludicrous LTSB Duo Avios MC offering 1 Avios/£5 plus 1.8% council surcharge.)
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:35 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Don't see any 2x offer when I click on that link , withdrawn early?
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Geek platinum
Anybody have any experience converting a-club points across? I tried doing it the other day when I bumped into this thread the other day but they said I didn't have enough points but no where did they say how many points is enough.

As an aside A-club sucks serious ..., I try to avoid it where possible but sometimes I just have to slum it and miss out on my hhonors points
Old Apr 5, 2012, 8:50 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Joely
As an aside A-club sucks serious ..., I try to avoid it where possible but sometimes I just have to slum it and miss out on my hhonors points

Found a promo code a few months ago on FT which gave me instant Platinum status

Not sure what that gets you really, but I guess I'll find out one day!

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/le-cl...um-2012-a.html

Offer is dead now I think.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by PanGalactic
If there's a 10x offer, I'm moving to spain!!!!

The page isnt in english, and google translate isnt playing ball, it keeps refreshing the page, can someone who understands please post the earning rate here so I can add it?

Thanks
Just click the button on top of the page where it says English

Customers are given two cards, one with American Express and the other with MasterCard, but both linked to a single account. Both earn Avios with every purchase made. With the Santander Iberia MasterCard cardholders obtain 1 Avio for every 2 euros spent, while with the Santander Iberia American Express® card they get 1 Avio for each euro spent. Use of the cards also keeps the Avios from expiring –with each new card purchase Avios points are renewed for another three years.

Cardholders are also given free insurance coverage of up to 6,000 euros for cancellation of travel reservations, hotel reservations, show tickets, etc., as well as travel assistance including coverage of expenses incurred due to lost checked luggage, medical expenses abroad (surgery, medicine, hospitalisation, etc.), and emergency repatriation costs.
Old Apr 5, 2012, 10:10 am

You can earn up to 15 000 Avios with Iberias latest partner offer,
eg. Hertz, Europcar, Avis and 7 different hotels chains would count as 10.
Given the short period, April 1st to May 31, it sounds rather difficult for most
people.

http://www.iberia.com/OneToOne/v3/ob...ACCESS=IBPHOME
Old Apr 7, 2012, 3:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Re the current 2 Avios/£ promotion on Avios Cash Passport card loads/reloads to 17.04.12:
Originally Posted by Roger
* minimum £3
There's no surcharge for topping up using your own bank's online service.

Topping up online via the Avios card's webpage costs 2% but is limited to £750 per day. I did that and sure enough was charged £15 extra, making £765.

That wasn't enough to pay our council tax and I didn't fancy making daily top-ups, so I made a transfer from Nationwide online banking, adding a bit in case there was a surcharge. It turns out there wasn't, and there's no maximum amount when crediting from your bank.

Caveat: I checked my balance via the Avios card's 0800 number as I'm currently locked out of their clunky website. The balance reflects the top-ups, and I don't see how they could surcharge my bank payment.

At 2 Avios/£, I'm seriously thinking of topping up the card again so I can pay merchants that do not take AmEx.

There's only one question in my mind. For Avios card online top-ups, there's a box to enter your Avios membership number. There's no such box in online banking, just the box for entering the card number as the reference number. Do I foresee a retrospective claim?
Old Apr 7, 2012, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Oh dear.

Barnet Council's online service thought my Avios cashcard was a credit card and tried to surcharge 1.8%.

I didn't pursue and I suppose will have to phone next week to sort this. (I have e-mailed but expect no sensible response within a reasonable time.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.