Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tesco and BA - 2012 master thread

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2012, 4:15 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Diamond, Hilton Diamond,
Pangalactic, I have updated the link in my original post and checked that it now works.
Old Jan 10, 2012, 4:17 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by Globaliser
Thanks - I was just about to have a rant about people copying only the displayed text of a link and not the link itself.

However, no banner for me.
.......?

By the way, I dont think you need to be logged in...

http://www.tescorealfood.com/clubcardcompetition.html

I note there was no email confirmation of entry to the comp, and also when I clicked "Enter now", it didn't seem to post anything to the server like it does when you fill out a form normally.

And I also note, if I enter the competition again, it just gives me the same thankyou message and doesn't tell me I have already entered.

I'm not convinced it's working.

Edie: It is posting to the server, just tried turning internet off and posting and that failed. I guess their server must just be really fast.

Last edited by PanGalactic; Jan 10, 2012 at 4:24 pm
Old Jan 10, 2012, 4:26 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by flyoff
Pangalactic, I have updated the link in my original post and checked that it now works.
Thanks, and thanks for pointing it out
Old Jan 10, 2012, 11:44 pm

Programs: BA Blue. 19695 Lifetime TPs
Originally Posted by fraisse10
"The Tesco Clubcard Credit Card earns 1 point for every £4 spent"

I thought that was true for non-Tesco purchases but that Tesco buys scored 1 point per pound? Not so?
Bump
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
That competition worked fine for me.
Logged in to groceries, favourites, all favourites and there it was.
Entered my name, email and phone number (which they should know) and got the mesage saying "thanks for entering" or something to that effect.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 1:29 am

Programs: BA, IHG, 5C
Originally Posted by fraisse10
"The Tesco Clubcard Credit Card earns 1 point for every £4 spent"

I thought that was true for non-Tesco purchases but that Tesco buys scored 1 point per pound? Not so?
The credit card element of the card gets you 1pt/£4 everywhere including Tesco. But it you use it at Tesco you of course get the normal Tesco spend credit of 1pt/£1 as well.

i.e. if you use the card at Tesco £4 gets you 1x1 (via Tesco bank) + 1x4 (via Tesco stores) = 5pts.

But if you pay on your Amex and hand over any clubcard including the TCCCC you still get the 1pt/£1 so the TCCC is only getting you an incremental 1pt/£4.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
.......?

By the way, I dont think you need to be logged in...

http://www.tescorealfood.com/clubcardcompetition.html
Thanks! Entering = compulsory spamming though, which is a shame.

(Not ......., but possibly 127.0.0.1).
Old Jan 11, 2012, 6:42 am
Suspended

cheap looking banner

I just turned my ....... off for something then came onto FT and noticed the "www.avios.com - turn your tesco points into avios" banner in the "ads by google" above the page numbers at the top of the threads.

First of all, don't they have someone employed to make banners?
I mean seriously!

Secondly, it takes you to a broken webpage on the old airmiles url.

Clever!

Edit: not sure if they read what I wrote but now it seems to have changed into a much prettier animated banner, well done

Last edited by PanGalactic; Jan 11, 2012 at 1:17 pm
Old Jan 11, 2012, 8:11 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by hingeless
If it is your first grocery shop you can use code XXGLDR and get the 1000 cc points in one shop. This is not targeted

Must go and do some printing, charge my phone, and have a shave.
Thanks for this. Just ordered some Bombay and slimline that I was going to pick up at my local supermarket tonight. 4313 Avios for something I was going to buy anyway is a result!
Old Jan 11, 2012, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by travellingblade
Thanks for this. Just ordered some Bombay and slimline that I was going to pick up at my local supermarket tonight. 4313 Avios for something I was going to buy anyway is a result!
Jeez! How many did you buy? Or am i missing something?
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Total bill for my shopping was £57 including delivery charge and I used the voucher code provided by hingeless. Total points earned was 1057 which equates to 4228 Avios in the February bonus offer plus another 85 Avios for paying with my Amex PP for a grand total of 4313!
Old Jan 11, 2012, 11:55 am

Originally Posted by travellingblade
Total bill for my shopping was £57 including delivery charge and I used the voucher code provided by hingeless. Total points earned was 1057 which equates to 4228 Avios in the February bonus offer plus another 85 Avios for paying with my Amex PP for a grand total of 4313!
Yeah, there's me thinking you got 4313 cc points. Doh!
Old Jan 12, 2012, 6:38 am
Suspended

The Big Share Price Drop

http://www.hl.co.uk/news/feature-art...price-falls-14

And the moral of the story is......

We dont care how much things cost, just give us more points!!!!!
Old Jan 13, 2012, 9:13 am

I'm a bit confused and hoping someone can clear this up?
If I opt into the auto convert for CC to Avios is the rate of £2.50/1,000 avios permanent?
Old Jan 13, 2012, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by pax agent
I'm a bit confused and hoping someone can clear this up?
If I opt into the auto convert for CC to Avios is the rate of £2.50/1,000 avios permanent?
No it's not. It may not have the best use of wording in places on the website but the intention is quite clear. Ambiguous wording always drums up all sorts of "what-if" hysteria, but common sense prevails. it's quite clear that it's just assuring you that you still get the FEBRUARY 400bonus point promo if you choose to AutoConvert.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.