Programs: BAEC, Prioriy club, Virgin atlantic, Airmiles
Just read this in paidtoshop about new offer of Andrex bonus clubcard points

30 points when buying any Andrex or Kleenex product from 10th to 16th October

25 points when buying any Andrex or Kleenex product from 7th to 13th November

http://www.paidtoshop.co.uk/showthread.php?t=77568

Siva
Old Oct 5, 12, 6:55 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Oh, you are kidding, I still have this much left over from the 10p per litre off petrol when you buy 2 packs offer a couple of months ago!

I bought about 20 packs of the stuff

We do go through a few packs and I also gave a few packs to my sister who has just moved into her new flat

How much is it now anyway?, it was 4.50 per pack of 9 IIRC when I bought these, so a bit of a rip off, though I did get a few petrol vouchers which were worth about 6 each to me as my car takes 60 liters.

So I spent 9 per 2 packs, but got 6 of free petrol value out of each voucher and you could use 5 at time.

Effectively I was buying bog roll for 1.50 per 9 rolls.

I think some people on PTS were clever though and managed to get a lot of their money back too by doing tesco price check.

Last edited by PanGalactic; Oct 5, 12 at 7:02 pm
Old Oct 6, 12, 9:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Pretty much all gone these days
Originally Posted by NorthOrSouth View Post
Anyone had any luck getting a VAT receipt out of Tesco for the Samsung Galaxy tab? Being able to claim VAT back - if you are VAT registered - also lowers the cost!
Not a huge amount of use if you're reselling as you have to charge output VAT on them.
Originally Posted by kirky View Post
Watch the Warranty End dates on HP ink cartridges delivered by Tesco - I just received an HP 940XL one with a November 2012 date.

In my particular printer, it will stop printing at the end of November and cannot be over-ridden.

Naughty Tesco!

Retail stock usually has 18-24 months on the Warranty End date.
That is, to be frank, disgraceful. Printers deciding they will not use out of date ink? Whatever next?
Old Oct 6, 12, 10:14 am

Originally Posted by stifle View Post
Not a huge amount of use if you're reselling as you have to charge output VAT on them.

That is, to be frank, disgraceful. Printers deciding they will not use out of date ink? Whatever next?
Printers not printing off a money saving voucher if it's not been personally sent to you?
Old Oct 6, 12, 11:16 am

Programs: BAEC, Tesco ClubCard, PriorityClub Gold now, Amex Gold
Originally Posted by kirky View Post
Watch the Warranty End dates on HP ink cartridges delivered by Tesco - I just received an HP 940XL one with a November 2012 date.

In my particular printer, it will stop printing at the end of November and cannot be over-ridden.

Naughty Tesco!

Retail stock usually has 18-24 months on the Warranty End date.
RESULT: Returned both to the local store as I was going to lose the 500 points if I returned one anyway.

Till couldn't process the refund as they don't keep that one in store, even though (it transpired) they have the very same cartridge on the shelf!

Manual cash refund given......which means I keep the points!
Old Oct 6, 12, 3:54 pm

Originally Posted by Frequentflyer99 View Post
I have now had 2 Samsung Tabs delivered to my local store, with a view to collecting the points and then re-selling, but both have had broken seals on the box, ad today's arrived with some quite significant damage to the box. I have also read of other receiving boxes with the seals broken. Mine were Yodel deliveries in a flimsy blue plastic bag. Are home deliveries a better bet for getting a properly sealed package ?
How can you send sth worth 300 in a mailing bag
Old Oct 6, 12, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by mobilemario View Post
How can you send sth worth 300 in a mailing bag
Royal Mail special delivery?
Old Oct 7, 12, 5:32 am

Programs: BAEC Hilton,
Originally Posted by ColdWalker View Post
Royal Mail special delivery?
^insured up to 500
Old Oct 7, 12, 8:12 am

Programs: AX/Accor/IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond, SPG/Carlson Gold, BA Silver, KM Permanent, JJC (Retd)
Stock up on Nectar Points

I see that Raffles has posted an article about Avios (and presumably BAEC) moving or spreading their allegiance to other grocers.
Did anyone else here get the survey?

Should we all be stocking up on BP petrol and Sainsbury's loo roll instead of Shell and Tesco?
Old Oct 8, 12, 12:53 am

Originally Posted by gnarly View Post
Should we all be stocking up on BP petrol and Sainsbury's loo roll instead of Shell and Tesco?
i wouldn't rush into any decisions! Maybe Avios are moving over to Sainsbury, but with Nectar well settled in it wouldn't be an easy move. IIRC Tesco didn't have a significant 3rd party loyalty scheme in place to block the airmiles move - you would need to go back to green shield stamps I should think to find a previous scheme at tesco's (ISTBC). And I can't see why Nectar would want to accommodate Avios into Sainsbury as a 'partner'. Nor am I sure Aeroplan would be happy to have one of their brands that close to a BA linked brand given their partnership with air Canada and onwards to *A.

I think it is more likely that Avios is considering expansion into new retailers generally. Ever thought of earning miles at Curry's?
Old Oct 8, 12, 10:16 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by PanGalactic View Post
Oh, you are kidding, I still have this much left over from the 10p per litre off petrol when you buy 2 packs offer a couple of months ago!

I bought about 20 packs of the stuff

We do go through a few packs and I also gave a few packs to my sister who has just moved into her new flat

How much is it now anyway?, it was 4.50 per pack of 9 IIRC when I bought these, so a bit of a rip off, though I did get a few petrol vouchers which were worth about 6 each to me as my car takes 60 liters.

So I spent 9 per 2 packs, but got 6 of free petrol value out of each voucher and you could use 5 at time.

Effectively I was buying bog roll for 1.50 per 9 rolls.

I think some people on PTS were clever though and managed to get a lot of their money back too by doing tesco price check.
I hope as a true FF point collector that you also collected the Andrex Puppy Points ?? My daughter likes the beanbag puppies so if you did'nt and want to PM me the codes I would be very grateful
Old Oct 8, 12, 10:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Tesco Entertainment points

Well - here we are. Just 12 days from the end of what for me has been a pretty barren point collecting period. No useful offers, no useful vouchers (all pennies off, not a single extra points coupon!) and nothing instore to make my buying habits become obsessive. However, all is not lost as I have 1,450 points due from Tesco Entertainment. Not massive by current standards, but significant and somewhere in the region of 5,400 - 6,000 Avios when the next bonus offer comes around.

However, reading on here it seems that the chances of those points posting is next to zero. I did communicate with them as the goods shipped, but was told that basically as a new venture, their IT systems were seperate to CC systems. They only transmit points once per statement period and they do not know when the carrier pigeons will arrive, just that they should!

Even though all other points are usually safely in your account the next day, it seems that "Tesco" is allowing this venture to operate in the dark ages as far as awarding cc points is concerned.

I have just called them and been given the monologue of "they will post sometime next week".

Is there anyway of ensuring this because come the 21st October, I am sure that the message will be "They will be there on the next statement" (As long as you remember to chase us up).

All in all, it is one of the most attractive ways of collecting points on a "useful" purchase. However, it is only attractive if the points actually post!
Old Oct 9, 12, 4:33 pm

Programs: Platinum Amex, BAEC Blue, BA PP Amex, Club SLH, Avis Wizard
Originally Posted by Raffles View Post
Rings a bell?
http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/food/birds-e...beef-in-gravy/

There were people on here who bought 500 boxes of that ... was it you who arranged for a whole box-load to be delivered, or someone else?!
I thought I would be remembered forever, but it seems I have slipped in to obscurity. I am still flying on the miles from that and the talc though I am running low now.
Old Oct 9, 12, 4:40 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Never had one before but I received a triple points voucher at checkout today. ^

I need more ink cartridges for my printers so it will go to good use.
Old Oct 9, 12, 7:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by PointsMeanPrizes View Post
I thought I would be remembered forever, but it seems I have slipped in to obscurity. I am still flying on the miles from that and the talc though I am running low now.

^ Beef in Gravy but i had forgotten about the talc !! I cant remember which one it was but a forces charity did very well out of me from this promotion

cs

Search this Thread
Search Engine: